Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death or 3rd marriage help please

hi,

please can i have a hand with this lady, i cant find a death for her under maiden name, 1st or 2nd marriage, so guessing she may have married for a 3rd time.

agnes maud bland (mn) born apr 1892 downham, norfolk. married james (known as george) ley in 1912 in west ham, and had 2 children by him, he died in 1918. she then married under her married name of agnes maud ley a john bagnell in 1919 in west ham and had a child in 1920 by him.

this is where i draw a blank. i know she was alive in 1947 as i have a family photo of her and john. so a 3rd marriage would be after this date, but i think more likely to be a death.

any help grateful.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Is this a possible 3rd marriage?

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
    Agnes M Bagnall / George Cottis
    Spouse Surname: Cottis
    Jan-Feb-Mar 1938
    Romford
    Volume Number: 4a
    Page Number: 589

and death
    England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2006
    Name: Agnes M Cottis
    Birth Date: abt 1892
    Apr-May-Jun 1968
    Age at Death: 76
    Thurrock
    Volume: 4a
    Page: 953
    Elaine

Comment

.. are you sure the photo c1947 is of her and John?
      Elaine

Comment

thanks for info.

the photos came from my mum (born 1949) and she had written on the back who they were from what she had been told. but if the marriage above is hers (looks like it could well be) then i doubt it is john. i will ask my nan but she doesnt give out much info as doesnt like me doing the tree (long story)
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi - what Elaine has suggested is right. Agnes Maud Bland did marry a third time to George Cottis. Her first two children (by James/George) Ley were Fred and Daisy. Fred was my husband's father - he died in 1996. Daisy died as a child. The child by John Bagnall was Phyllis. I never met her, but she used to send Christmas cards. She had a daughter Barbara and some grandchildren and they lived at Greys in Essex. Fred, my father-in-law, never knew his real father - John Bagnall brought him up. My husband only remembers George Cottiss who kept rabbits (to eat!) in the back garden. He vaguely remembers Agnes his granny, but doesn't remember her making a fuss of him. Fred only had two children - my husband Adrian and his brother Chris.

Comment

Working...
          X