Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you say this is her ?

All concerned are dead.

My Uncle married a Marietta Tomaselli in 1935 they split up about 1940 dont know if she remarried or not or even if they divorced she was a Catholic.

He remarried in 1960 saying Widower.

Have been looking for her for some time now.

She is quite easy to track in the Electoral Roles calling herself Mary or Marietta Tomaselli she seems to have started to use her maiden name again, moved back in with her siblings after the marriage break up.

Decided to go through them again yesterday and found her with her siblings and a man called Alexendios Zemenides.

Then found her in 1950 same address ,with the same man, calling herself Marietta Zemenides???

Have not found a marriage but found a Death for a Marietta Zemenides in 1995 only thing is says date of Birth 26 May 1908 she was born 5 Jun 1908 ?

What are the odds on it being my Marietta ??? thanks .

i would say so val. the informant may not have known the birth date. only way to know is to get it.

Comment

thanks Kyle I will be getting it as it will only niggle at me now.

Comment

is this her first marriage?

Maristta Tomaselli
        Miller
        Jul-Aug-Sep 1935
        Kensington
        Middlesex
        1a
        Jess

Comment

I'm not a betting person Val but with a name like that and the other evidence I would put my shirt on it
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Val, I am sure that my mother in laws brother died in 1975 he has a really unusual name, the birth year and month are out by a year according to the informant, BUT when I looked at the birth regs there is not one for him in the quarter or year it states on his death reg. I am sure it is him. With the unusual name I would put a large amount of money on it being her!
            KAREN xx

Comment

thanks everyone gonna order the cert today cant resist, yes thats her first marriage to my Uncle George Jess, we always wondered what happened to her, they were only married about a year .

Comment

you never know val, sometimes the smallest clue like an address can be the clincher on these things. and give new rellies. i had a death in south australia for a man, the only one that fitted at all. but he was supposed to be dead by 1944, as per his wife's death cert, and this death i had was 1953. well i bit the bullet, got the cert, and there was no info at all to say who he was!! so i looked up the address hoping for an obit in the newspapers, and one of the obits mentioned his wife's name, who had died in 1944!!! so unusual names win out over common ones lol

Comment

Thats amazing Kyle what a lucky stroke, I've also ordered the so called Husband's. Yipee for the electoral rolls eh ????

Comment

haha yes, electoral rolls have been so helpful!

Comment

Working...
                    X