mckenzie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mckenzie

I am looking for the marriages of the children of James Mitchell McKenzie, tailor, and Ann Watson . Alyth, Perth

Jessie Mitchell McKenzie b June 10th 1868 Alyth .Perth
    Ann Watson McKenzie b July 11th 1880 Alyth Perth
    Elizabeth S McKenzie b 2nd Oct 1878 Alyth Perth
    Jane Blackwood McKenzie b 18th July 1871 Alyth Perth
    Hugh Watson McKenzie B 19TH Feb 1866 Alyth Perth .

I have found marriages for 3 sons , Robert ,Edinburgh ,( SP ) Charles, Edinburgh , ( SP ) and James , Rhode Island , USA.( LDS)
    For some reason just can`t bring up the rest . Another daughter Deborah doesn`t seem to have married ,she is still at home at age 37

Any help would be much appreciated .

have you checked for their deaths on scotlandspeople? if they were married, their deaths will tell you to who. otherwise, a few more have gone to the U.S. or canada.

Comment

Just a possibility

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
      about Jane Mckenzie

Name:

Jane Mckenzie

Arrival Date:

1 Mar 1889

Birth Year:

abt 1871

Female

Ethnicity/Race*/Nationality:

Scottish (Scotish)

Place of Origin:

Scotland

Port of Departure:

Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland

Destination:

United States of America

Port of Arrival:

New York

Port Arrival State:

New York

Port Arrival Country:

United States

Ship Name:

State of Indiana

Search Ship Database:

Search the State of Indiana in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

View
      Original
      Record

View Passenger List
      Cath.

Comment

Cath , thanks for passenger info., will check that out .
        KyleJustin, I have checked out deaths on SP. nothing so far . I was hoping the middle names would stand out ,but nothing came up . There were literally hundreds ,so I went to Reg house ,and paid for a day search . It is cheaper than getting vouchers at the library as you don`t waste credits looking .
        Thanks
        EP

Comment

i think they may have emmigrated. or not been registered with middle names. were you able to search for any of them using mother's maiden name? i think that's a search option for deaths.

Comment

Have you seen the death record (parish burial) for Hugh Watson Mackenzie?
            Also a Probate calender entry.
            He is listed as b c 1866, died 1932.
            No mention of a wife but the probate mentions a Hugh Charles Mackenzie - could this be a son.
            Now I had a few spare certs ( and itching to do a bit of Scots research). There is a birth of a Hugh Charles Mackenzie in Edinburgh in 1901. It gives the parents as Hugh Watson Mackenzie and Mary Ann Campbell, married1888, New South Wales.

Both Hugh Watson Mackenzie and Mary Ann Mackenzie, died in Little Stanmore - Hugh in 1932 and Mary Ann in 1937 - not even sure if this is your family but just in case
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

ooh australia, another interesting avenue to explore!!

Comment

I did another check - as I was concerned that maybe I was going down the wrong avenue!
                So I had a look at the 1911 census - I think the details confirm the correct family.

8 Lily Terrace Edinburgh, 5 rooms, married 22 years, 7 children, 5 living
                Hugh W Mackenzie, head, 45, mechanical engineer, born ALYTH, Perth
                Mary Mackenzie, wife, 48, b St Cyrus, Kincardineshire
                Alex, son, 21, b NSW, Australia
                James, son, 20 b NSW, Australia
                Mary ?C, dau, 18, b Edinburgh
                Deborah ?P, dau, 12, b Edinburgh
                Hugh C, son, 9, b Edinburgh
                Deborah ?P, aunt, 76, b Dundee
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Kylejustine and Herky ,
                  This is great thanks . I think you have found Hugh and Family , and the family in Edinburgh . I had found two marriages for sons Charles and Robert in Edinburgh. I appreciate you spending credits ,thank you very much . Now I have something to go on . I also found a Deborah for a previous generation ,but couldn`t connect , so it is looking very good . Re middle names , I thought it would narrow it down jncluding middle names !!. I literally have just found Deborah a short time ago . living in Alyth ,Perthshire ,living with a John Irving Fleming , on Ancestry ,Valuations Rolls . Apologies for delay in replying , had grandchildren staying , and 14 year old hogging laptop doing homework !

Comment

Working...
                  X