Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably a really stupid question but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a really stupid question but.....

if I stop don't renew my Ancestry sub. this month and then rejoin in the winter again what will happen to my tree?

Told you it was stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Linda

LOL Linda, No questions are stupid. I didn't have a sub for about a year and then when I started again, tree was exactly where I had left it. You will still get people viewing it and even contacting you.
    KAREN xx

Comment

And you can still login, see your tree, and the events listed in it. You can't see the records associated with them, unless you have saved them to your computer, then uploaded them as "media" for the event.

Sometimes you can still see the transcription of the record, and the citation (e.g., I can still see the location, marriage date for London marriages

Comment

Thanks for that, it's just that it's quite expensive now and I have FMP. Don't look at it so much in the summer so thought I would have a break

Thanks a lot

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
          Thanks for that, it's just that it's quite expensive now and I have FMP. Don't look at it so much in the summer so thought I would have a break

Thanks a lot

Linda
          If you can get to your local library, there appears to be quite a selection of online resources through you rlibrary service in Kent: http://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure_and_c...l_history.aspx
          Some of it may be accessible from home - but not Ancestry.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for that Christine. I remember looking a few years ago at the Ancestry Library site and the nearest library to me that offered it was a long way away. Our new library has been open just about a year so hopefully that will have it. I am shopping on Saturday so will pop in and have a look.

Thanks again

Linda

Comment

Although your tree will very likely be there when you re-subscribe, make a back up on your home computer just in case it is not.

Online trees are stored on computers and hard-drives which can and do fail, in most cases the redundancy back-ups restore them but there is the possibility of failure.
              Cheers
              Guy
              Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Re the ancestry sub, a better/cheaper sub is to buy a FTM program - I think amazon have the 2011 with 6 months premium sub for about £30?

Comment

Thanks Guy I do have FTM which I back up regularly, thanks for that Heather I always forget about that

Linda

Comment

It's always worth having a Google to see what's available in FTM with 6 month Ancestry subs. It doesn't need to be the latest version though it makes sense not to go for a version earlier than the one you are using. That is, unless you can confidently install it in a new directory so it doesn't overwrite your later version. You'd be surprised what pops up on Amazon and other sites from time to time.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                    X