Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Val

This is what I think it says

I Thomas ? Stooks incumbent of the consolidated chapelry of St Anne Highgate Rise(?) in the county of Middlesex do hereby solemnly declare that the several writings hereto annexed purporting to be copies of the several entries contained in the Register Book of Baptisms of the Chapelry of St Anne aforesaid from the fourth day of February to the sixteenth day of December 1860, are true copies of all the several entries in the said Register Book of Baptisms from the said fourth day of February to the said sixteenth day of December 1860; and that no other entry during such period is contained in the aforesaid Register Book are truly made to the best of my knowledge and belief

Signed T. ? Stooks

Incumbent of St Annee

Witness

? Taylor

Churchwarden
    Jackie

Comment

morning Jackie , thanks very much wondered if it referred to my man , I must go to spec savers.

Comment

As an aside, a twig on my tree was called Hugh Holden and he was the clerk and churchwarden of a particular church for at least ten years.

Every year, he laboriously wrote out an almost identical screed to the above, which he and the Vicar duly signed. What made me LARF, was that Hugh Holden (the parish clerk, remember...) spelled his own surname at least five different ways in that time!

OC
        Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 17-05-12, 10:07.

Comment

how odd OC you would think he knew how to spell his own name ?

Comment

Working...
          X