Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help/advice needed please to find marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help/advice needed please to find marriage.

I have traced back in my family to an ancestor James Gage who was married to an Ann Gage they appear in every census from 1851 as living in London, However she was born circa 1818 in Stonegrave North Yorkshire and he was born in Chelsworth Suffolk circa 1813.

My ancestry subscription is playing up and I am waiting to find out what the problem is as I have a worldwide subscription. This is causing me difficulty in finding their marriage; where it was and what Ann's surname originally was.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help find the marriage and Ann's surname, I'm particularly interested as I'm currently assuming that they met and married in London. Ann is currently the only person from either side of my family tree to come from the north of England.

Thank you in anticipation. kind regards Ali

what year was the marriage

Comment

there is a marriage for a James Gage and a Ann Dale in Dec quarter 1839 St George Hanover Square 1 39

Comment

another to an Ann Close or Ann Tooth in Gloucester 1840 Sep quarter 11 387
        Last edited by Guest; 16-05-12, 22:46.

Comment

and an Ann Johnson in Yeovil Somerset Sep quarter 1837 10 689

those are about the right time

Comment

Assuming your James was a butcher I see he was already in London, but was alone on the 1841 census -perhaps Ann was away from home. HO107 piece 741 folio 4/43 page 4 There appears to be a Jane Dale aged 50, of independent means, in the household - perhaps mother in law?
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
            X