Anybody got the electoral roll for Kent area ? 1918

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got the electoral roll for Kent area ? 1918

I know the name and address of a man who was living in Kent during the first world war , but cannot find his Army records and was wondering if I could find him on there as according to a site I just read he should still be listed even if he was away at War?

Absent Voters Lists There was a General Election in Britain in 1918. All those away from their place of residence (including all men in the army) were listed on Absent Voters Lists. These usually recorded the man's regiment, number and rank at the time, as well as his home address.

When I clicked on the link on this site it said error?

Val, when you say Kent - are you referring to Greenwich? A guess on my part as I know this was where you were researching yesterday!

If it is Greenwich then it might be worth checking on the London Electoral rolls on Ancestry which cover Greenwich.

Suggest you just put "Greenwich" in the keyword box.
    Elaine

Comment

yes its that man Elaine the address is in Chatham are they all on Ancestry ???? thanks
      Last edited by Guest; 16-05-12, 11:33.

Comment

No idea Val, but if you go to the link I gave and just put Greenwich in the keyboard box (without any name) you will see there are 2+ million records.
        However, not sure if they cover Chatham or just Greenwich.
        Elaine

Comment

well on Greenwich it stops at 1915 then starts again in 1922? I think the army people were on a different list maybe ?
          Last edited by Guest; 16-05-12, 12:18.

Comment

Working...
          X