Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions wanted please

I have John Murray and Lucy Clare having 3 children:

John Murray 06 mar 1797 (my direct ancestor)
    Mary Ann Murray 28 Oct 1798
    Lucy Murray 28 Jan 1801

Lucy Murray was baptised on the 01 mar 1801 St Stephans coleman parish in London

Thanks to new records on line I found yesterday a marriage at St Stephans coleman parish in London between

Lucy Murray and Robert Crawford on 25th Dec 1828

witnesses were John Murray and Mary Ann Murray (her brother and sister)?

for those with ancestry:

Well the thing is the only Lucy Crawford I can find on the 1841 census in London/Middlesex says not born in county and on the 1851 it states she was born in Suffolk. Robert on the 1851 is in prison!

I have looked on Ancestry and found someone with a Lucy Murray b1801 in suffolk but she marries a John Blyfield and he dies in 1843.

Would appreciate any opinions
    KAREN xx

I think everyone is as stumped as me!!

I have looked again at the almanac I have for this family and she was definately born in 1801, cannot understand, totally confused and after going around in circles most of the day, am putting her to one side!!
    KAREN xx

Comment

had a look and sorry cannot help.

Comment

Thanks for looking Val, it is a bit of a mystery this one, yet another to add to the cannot solve pile!!
        KAREN xx

Comment

I'm working through my mysteries gradually.

Comment

Hi Fuzzy

Have you checked the entry on Ancestry for Lucy Crawford b1806, living in city middlesex. As you know I can't check it.

Forgot to add its the 1841 census
            Last edited by Frazzled; 15-05-12, 18:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              I'm working through my mysteries gradually.
              LOL Val! Me too!! Have gone back to my tree whilst awaiting certifiicates to confirm all of my hunches on the census etc for hubbys tree. I had forgotten how many hum dingers I have. I am going to wheel out William Henry Reed again soon. I remember that when I posted it back in 2006 Merry Monty Montgomery put a "This thread should have a health warning" post it on it!! LOL
              KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
                Hi Fuzzy

Have you checked the entry on Ancestry for Lucy Crawford b1806, living in city middlesex. As you know I can't check it.

Forgot to add its the 1841 census
                Hiya frazzled,

I didn't see a Lucy Crawford on the 1841 in Middlesex BUM must have missed it!! Will double check when have finished yet more blooming ironing! OH NO postie has just arrived with all the certificates I have ordered !!!!!!!!!!!!I dare not open them!!
                KAREN xx

Comment

Just looked again at Ancestry and have also ruled that one out Frazzled as she too not born in county. Have put her back in the file!!
                  KAREN xx

Comment

it's still a poss fuzzy, i have loads saying they weren't born in county in 1841, and they were!!

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      it's still a poss fuzzy, I have loads saying they weren't born in county in 1841, and they were!!
                      Thanks for that Kyle, I will see if I can follow her onto the 1851
                      KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
                      X