Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help with reading this please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with reading this please?

Hi I am indexing again and having problem with this one.

My main ask is for the surname.

I have photoshopped it to try and make it clearer. I have also done my first option of freebmd clarification but with the minimal amount of info I have I cannot find a match in the district I would expect it to be in (Bideford) but could be Barnstaple or Torrington

If anyone can help I would be grateful otherwise I think it will be the virtual bin of the internet world.

Thank you

Hope this is right, it is my first time with Flickr as am having difficulty uploading on photobucket
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

D A N something?

Comment

Our dear father and mother

James Dan????

cannot make anything else out sorry
      Last edited by Fuzzy; 14-05-12, 18:31.
      KAREN xx

Comment

Yupp but then I am lost
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Further down I think it says Mary Anne?
          KAREN xx

Comment

Thanks both. I have a guess but it is not a local name. I was hoping someone might come up with it too.
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

Yes I agree Karen

Top line says..something somthing Father and Mother, but I guess you don't need that bit

Comment

Karen, yes I think it is Mary Ann too also ? James age 84 and death 192something. Mary Ann poss 1934
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

3rd line ...W ????????????? Nov 7th 1922

No its May I think
                  Last edited by Debbss; 14-05-12, 18:38.

Comment

Thank you Debbs I'll have a go on free bmd again with that date
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

Welcome

Other than that I can only pickout odd letters

Comment

Could it be that James Daniel are the first 2 names but not the surname?

Comment

Does line 5 have the name Lenning in it?

Comment

I read it as James Daniel, and Mary Ann as well. His age 84 I think and the date Nov 7th 1927
                            This would fit with James aged (66) and Mary Ann aged (67) Daniel living in Abbotsham in 1911
                            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thank you so much Judith. That must be them, I first thought it was Daniel but then thought it was Danimel. As it was Abbotsham churchyard I think you are right.
                              It was just about to be ditched as I couldn't link into freeBMD
                              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Line 5 reads Peacefully ******
                                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

The names are James Daniel and Mary Ann Daniel (nee Bale). My friend and distant relation, for whom I am doing some "Bale" research, is Mary Ann's great great grand nephew. On the "Daniel" side, I have two generations below and some research of two generations above. I have masses of "Bale" relatives, including myself!

Comment

Are you related to Daniel, as this is a line I am also tracing. (see reply from June)

Comment

Working...
                                    X