eliza dillon she was born 1811 in ireland
    they had 5 children
    joseph 1830 ireland
    mary 1832 ireland
    ellen 1836 ireland
    john 1839 sheffield
    eliza 1841 sheffield

they must have moved to england sometime between 1836 and 1839
    ive found the family on the 1841 census and i have joseph on the 1851 census and i think joseph middle name was dillon

if you can find any of the children born in ireland in the 1911 census, it may tell you what part of ireland the family was from.

Comment

Have you got any married names for the women? I can't see son John b1830 on the England 1911 to see if he said where specifically he was born in Ireland.

In fact if you can find any of the Irish born children on censuses after 1851 you might see where they came from.

Margaret

Comment

Joseph Dolton dies in 1884 and in the last 2 census returns he lists his birth place as Sheffield, well on one it says Lincolnshire but the enumerator has got it wrong. So no clues there I'm afraid

Comment

Joseph is my 3rd great grand ffather i haven't found ther girls marriages yet

Comment

from the 1861, you are right about the Dillon middle name, unfortunately still just says Ireland.
            KAREN xx

Comment

i have found an ellen dalton in 1901 from co mohog ireland in ecclesall bierlow but i dont have the 1901 census so i cant see if its my ellen

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaymay View Post
                i have found an ellen dalton in 1901 from co mohog ireland in ecclesall bierlow but i dont have the 1901 census so i cant see if its my ellen
                She is in the Workhouse in 1901 but I can see her in 1891 and she is with her brother Edward Dalton.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                X