Great Grandfathers death - Mystery !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Grandfathers death - Mystery !

My Grandads Father William Pearson (deceased) died sometime after 1917 and we cant find out anything about him or how he died.
    Unfortunatly my Grandad William Oliver Pearson (deceased) died in 1969 and didnt know much about his father or how he died either.

My Grandad is in the on the BMD as - Pearson William O - Mother (Swain) Dudley - 6B 2020
    His mother was Ethel Pearson (nee:Swain) His Father was William Pearson both married - Dudley - 1911 - 6C 55

My Grandad was born 1913 his sister born 1917, My Great Grandad then goes missing we cant narrow down his death any help on tracing how he died would be hugley appreciated. Hope the above makes a little sense

Many thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong section

Lee

what year was he born ?

Comment

Your gt grandparents marriage certificate should show your gt grandfather's age, trade and father's name, as well as witness details, all of which may provide good clues to follow up and help trace him before and after the marriage. If you do not yet have the certificate, you could do with buying a copy and that might give you a realistic start to your search.

Merleyone

Comment

Originally posted by merleyone View Post
        Your gt grandparents marriage certificate should show your gt grandfather's age, trade and father's name, as well as witness details, all of which may provide good clues to follow up and help trace him before and after the marriage. If you do not yet have the certificate, you could do with buying a copy and that might give you a realistic start to your search.

Merleyone
        I think that must be the way forward. With anything else, you're just guessing, and could haring off down a plausible but wrong line: a potentially expensive mistake, in time if not in money. You wouldn't be the first to make that mistake!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

great advice many thanks , going to contact Dudley archives this week and see if i can get a copy sorted.
          Will let you know how i get on.
          Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_wwfc View Post
            great advice many thanks , going to contact Dudley archives this week and see if i can get a copy sorted.
            Will let you know how i get on.
            Thanks again
            You need to order certificates from GRO here https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp using the reference details you have quoted above. They cost £9.25 each.
            Margaret

Comment

On your ancestry tree I see you have William Arthur b1886 Bilsdon and his father as James. They do show on the census for 1891 and 1901 where I see William Arthur is an office boy (commercial) and his father James is an Agent for the sale of coal. Mother is Elizabeth and you have her maiden name as Hill so presumably you have checked that out.

Have you tried to trace down the other siblings and their descendants? They may know more about what happened to William Arthur and when/where he died.

Margaret

Comment

There's this death which is in the general area

William A Pearson
                Birth Date: abt 1886
                Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1964
                Age at Death: 78
                Registration district: Wolverhampton
                Inferred County: Staffordshire
                Volume: 9b
                Page: 836

There are several others if you look on the BMD index using the year of birth you have.

Margaret

Comment

There's also this one a bit further afield

William A Pearson
                  Birth Date: abt 1886
                  Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1968
                  Age at Death: 82
                  Registration district: Pontefract
                  Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
                  Volume: 2c
                  Page: 686

Comment