Sandercock family, Cornwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandercock family, Cornwall

Hi, can anyone give me any info on Sandercock family, my grandfather was Joseph Daniel Clifford born Liskeard, Cornwall 1931, he was one of 13 children born to Daniel Jr Sandercok b. 1860 Poundstock, Cornwall and Mary Lander. His father was Daniel Sr Sandercock born 1847, St Glenny, Cornwall married Ann ?. Any information re: Daniel Sr Sandercock and previous would be very helpful.

hello Carolyn..

have you looked at Familysearch site at all? do you know if any of the Sandercocks went to the USA?

if you click on the link below there are lots of 'hits' for this name,

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hello Carolyn

there's something wrong with your dates I think - Joseph Daniel Clifford was born in 1906, not 1931. (If he was born in 1931, he cannot be the son of Daniel Sandercock and Mary Lander as they married in 1880).

OC

Comment

Originally posted by carolyn07 View Post
        my grandfather was Joseph Daniel Clifford born Liskeard, Cornwall 1931, he was one of 13 children born to Daniel Jr Sandercok b. 1860 Poundstock, Cornwall and Mary Lander..
        Just checking your dates - Daniel was aged 71 when son Joseph was born ????

edit .. cross posted with OC !
        Elaine

Comment

Might be worth checking the Cornwall OPC if you haven't already done so - http://www.cornwall-opc-database.org/search-database/
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by carolyn07 View Post
            Daniel Jr Sandercok b. 1860 Poundstock, Cornwall .... his father was Daniel Sr Sandercock born 1847, St Glenny, Cornwall married Ann ?.
            That doesn't look right either Carolyn - Daniel senior would have been 13 when he had his son!

Have you managed to follow the family back through the census?
            Elaine

Comment

If this is the right family - in 1861 census Daniel snr (farmer of 50 acres) was a widower living with his children Mary (11), Maria (10), William (9) and John (5?). The address is Tregale(?), Poundstock.
              Daniel jnr (1) was listed as 'lodger' living with John & Eliza Budge and their family at Jacobstowe, Cornwall.
              My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Oops sorry, Joseph was born 1906 found family on 1881 census, many thanks.
                Originally posted by LangleyValeSue View Post
                If this is the right family - in 1861 census Daniel snr (farmer of 50 acres) was a widower living with his children Mary (11), Maria (10), William (9) and John (5?). The address is Tregale(?), Poundstock.
                Daniel jnr (1) was listed as 'lodger' living with John & Eliza Budge and their family at Jacobstowe, Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
                X