missing on the 1891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing on the 1891

I have a Alice Almond Mcclennan (nee Cearns) born 1851 in Liverpool who marries a William Cocking Ward b 1852 in 1888. They have a daughter Sarah Alice Ward in 1889. I cannot see them at all on the 1891 census.

Alices two children by her first husband are living with their grandmother Ann Cearns on the 1891, why are they not with their mother??

second pair of eyes would be appreciated

Cannot see them on the 1901 either!
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 11-05-12, 17:29. Reason: added text
    KAREN xx

Sorry, can't see any of them on A******y, nor Alice under Ward, McClennan or Cearns.

Comment

Thanks alot for trying, have been bashing head against the wall for ages! Have tried that site and also another with no luck!

I think this may be a possible death for Sarah Alice Ward, although i am not sure about the Bolton bit!

Name: Sarah Alice Ward
      Birth: abt 1889
      Death: Oct 1892 - Bolton, Lancashire
      KAREN xx

Comment

Hi Fuzzy

Don't think that is your Sarah, found her while looking for your family, she was born in 1889 in Bolton, Lancs to different parents, James and Margaret Ward both born Bolton

Where was William Ward born? I can't find a reg for him in the births.
        Last edited by Frazzled; 11-05-12, 18:38. Reason: adding info

Comment

where was the daughter born ?

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
            Hi Fuzzy

Don't think that is your Sarah, found her while looking for your family, she was born in 1889 in Bolton, Lancs to different parents, James and Margaret Ward both born Bolton

Where was William Ward born? I can't find a reg for him in the births.
            Hi Frazzled, thanks for that, I did have my doubts it was her. I don't know where William Cocking Ward was born, all I know about him was that he married Alice. I got the age from the marriage certificate. His father was a John Ward (deceased) occupation gentleman!!

I tried looking for him in the census' previous to the one where he got together with Alice but I couldn't find him, and like you couldn't find a birth reg either!
            Last edited by Fuzzy; 12-05-12, 08:26. Reason: added text
            KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              where was the daughter born ?
              Hi Val, daughter was baptised as follows

Name: Sarah Alice Ward
              Mother: Alice Almond Ward
              Father: William Cocking Ward
              Baptism: 16 Jan 1889 - Everton St Augustine, Lancashire
              KAREN xx

Comment

I am beginning to think that he has made the "Cocking" bit up! If he made that up perhaps he also embellished his fathers status as a gentleman?!
                KAREN xx

Comment

Morning Fuzzy

Unfortunate if he did there are loads of William Wards.

Tried tracking Alice's sons but couldn't find Joseph, I expect you found Richard with his grandmother in 1901 under Cearns and then married in 1911.

Comment

Hi Frazzled

yes there are too many William Wards for words!!! Yes have got Richard but cannot find Joseph. Am putting this family to one side for now.
                    KAREN xx

Comment

Hi Fuzzy

Don't know if you have this.

I noticed on Lancs opc that William Cocking Ward was a widower. Have found a marriage for a William Cockring Ward to Amelia Abel 1873 Q2 8b 95 Liverpool. There is a birth for Amelia Abel 1854 Q2 8c 554 Chorlton. The only death I think find with the right age is in 1873 so not long after the wedding BUT there is an Amelia Ward born c1852 in the 1871 census in Bradford which is not a milliom miles away.

Strangley the other couple in the marriage ref Robert Alexander Stevenson and Louise Mingaud also had a short marriage as she died 1874! Found a site with the Stevenson family on it (they were from Ireland)

I know this doesn't help with where William is in 1891 but it fills in a gap, maybe they went abroad to start a new life?

Comment

Hi Frazzled,

thanks for that, Yes both william cocking ward and Alice almond had both their spouses die on them, I didn't know about the child fom his first marriage, will make a note of this info. I really think that you a right though re the new life as I have found one of her brothers in the census for america and also a death record for him which states his parents names! Also of of her other brothers seem to disappear from view after he marries, so i am now wondering if lots of them went! Thanks again Frazzled xxxx
                        KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
                        X