Herbert Green on 1911 census?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herbert Green on 1911 census?

Hi, is anyone able to have a quick check to see if they can find Herbert Bloomfield James Green anywhere in the 1911 census?
    He was born 1858 in Suffolk (most censuses say Westhall, although 1901 says Wangford) and married Jane Carr in 1875 in Tynemouth.
    In the 1901 census, he decides to be called George for some reason, and for the 1911 I can't find him as Herbert, George or Bloomfield.
    Jane is tucked up at home in Dudley, Northumberland and listed as Wife, rather than head. I know he's alive, because I have a copy of his will index from 1919, where his address is Northern Terrace, Dudley, and he leaves his money to his son.
    I probably should be taking this more slowly!
    Craig

I'll see if I can find one of the ones you've already found... An occupation could be helpful!

... 1901: colliery engineman

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 11-05-12, 18:28.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry Christine, yes that's him. He worked in the colliery as a fireman/engineer/engineman after moving to Northumberland from Suffolk. That's the 1901 census where he's listed as George. It is correct though with his wife, step-daughters, and the rest of the kids.

Comment

Interesting that Jane & Family appear to be at the Will address you mention - described on the census as "North Terrace" rather than "Northern Terrace" - though Jane has entered "Northern Terrace" as her address.

He seems to be very invisible! I've tried all sorts of tricks to winkle him out, without success. Could he be in an institution of some kind? Ill in hospital/workhouse infirmary, or even in prison? In that situation, he'd probably appear only with initials... if you can work out which ones!

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 11-05-12, 18:59.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, I'll give the Initials a shot. Based on previous, I'm hoping he'll be somewhere as HBG or GHG.

Comment

Working...
          X