Lanc OPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanc OPC

Have been trying to find more of my Cearns on this site. Would it show catholic baptisms and marriages as well, as this lot were catholics.
    KAREN xx

There are nine pages of Cearns entries on LANOPC but of course, LANOPC is not a complete data set (no site ever is) and you will need to look at the list of churches and parishes which have actually been transcribed on the site.

OC

Comment

Karen, were they in Liverpool by any chance?

Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 11-05-12, 11:11.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        There are nine pages of Cearns entries on LANOPC but of course, LANOPC is not a complete data set (no site ever is) and you will need to look at the list of churches and parishes which have actually been transcribed on the site.

OC
        Thanks OC, I have looked at all the churches I know some of my Cearns married and were baptised but no luck!!
        KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
          Karen, were they in Liverpool by any chance?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...A5D_x&uidh=xt1
          Thanks Elizabeth, I have been through all those and not had any luck, why is it that all the families that are not yours are always on the census and always have their children baptised??!!! LOL
          KAREN xx

Comment

There are some Catholic baptisms & marriages on Lancs OPC & it's extremely useful but as others have said by no means complete. If it is Catholics in the Liverpool area you are searching for Liverpool History Projects (http://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk) is a gem of a site and can be an excellent search tool in conjunction with the ancestry Liverpool collection. It has an excellent free index to RC marriages, baptisms & burials in Liverpool & other bits & pieces including monumental inscriptions etc. I usually use LHP to search then try & find the corresponding entry on ancestry having narrowed it down to the correct church and/or year. The marriage index is complete for 1837 -1901, but for earlier or later records you would need to contact Liverpool Record Office - contact details & a link are on the LHP site. The Baptism Index is currently complete for 1886 - 1900 only but please do bear in mind that this is being added to all the time & there are records on there for some earlier periods so it is worth extending the search period outside these years too. If you click on the address of the church you are interested in on the LHP list of records there is often also a map of the parish so you can see where your ancestors lived.
            Lanc BMD - www.lancashirebmd.org.uk is another good website & it's useful to bear in mind that "Registrar attended" can often be an indicator of a Catholic marriage.
            Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Arilla View Post
              There are some Catholic baptisms & marriages on Lancs OPC & it's extremely useful but as others have said by no means complete. If it is Catholics in the Liverpool area you are searching for Liverpool History Projects (http://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk) is a gem of a site and can be an excellent search tool in conjunction with the ancestry Liverpool collection. It has an excellent free index to RC marriages, baptisms & burials in Liverpool & other bits & pieces including monumental inscriptions etc. I usually use LHP to search then try & find the corresponding entry on ancestry having narrowed it down to the correct church and/or year. The marriage index is complete for 1837 -1901, but for earlier or later records you would need to contact Liverpool Record Office - contact details & a link are on the LHP site. The Baptism Index is currently complete for 1886 - 1900 only but please do bear in mind that this is being added to all the time & there are records on there for some earlier periods so it is worth extending the search period outside these years too. If you click on the address of the church you are interested in on the LHP list of records there is often also a map of the parish so you can see where your ancestors lived.
              Lanc BMD - www.lancashirebmd.org.uk is another good website & it's useful to bear in mind that "Registrar attended" can often be an indicator of a Catholic marriage.
              Hope this helps!
              That is so kind of you! Thanks so much for that site will bookmark it!!
              KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
              X