Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone kind enough to send me this census?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone kind enough to send me this census?

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've been here, but at the moment I've got a lot of time on my hands and decided to get back into the swing of things. However, until I can convince the Mrs to let me take out a subscription somewhere I'm reliant on the likes of freecen and family search, and unfortunately, neither of them have the census I'm looking for, which is:

Florence Green, second entry down.
    If anyone with a subscription is able to get ahold of that for me, I'd be very grateful.

Many Thanks,

Craig

Is this the one you want?

Herbert Green, 32, Engineer b. West Hall, Suffolk
    Jane Green, 40, b. Saxthorpe, Norfolk
    Selina Carr, 19, b. South Shields, Northumberland
    Anna Maria, 16, b. Seaton Burn, Northumberland
    William Green, 13, b. Dudley, Worcs
    George Green, 10, b. Dudley, Worcs
    Florence Green, 8, b. Dudley, Worcs
    Laura Green, 6, b. Dudley, Worcs
    Herbert Green, 4, b. Dudley, Worcs
    Dorothy Green, 9mths, b. Dudley, Worcs

Living in Longbenton, Northumberland

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thanks STG, but to be honest I'm not too sure! lol Does it say Worcs on the census image, or was that just added in transcription?

Comment

Managed to get a glance of it from A******y (when did that start? lol), very faint. But pretty sure the Dudley mentioned is Dudley in Northumberland, not Worcs. Onwards and upwards!

Comment

The image is quite feint but it is definitely Northumberland for the Dudley births as it is marked 'ditto' to the ones above.

The transcriber has made and assumption.

Margaret

Comment

There are births that fit them all in Tynemouth Northumberland. Which is where Herbert Bloomfield J Green married Jane Carr in June 1875.

Do you know the names of the parents for your Florence?
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

No, Chrissie. I'm still a bit gung-ho when it comes to this! I look at all the clues, try to weigh them up, discount all the definite no's then go with my gut! I reckon I'm on the right track though cos this family love middle names, so they've been reasonably easy to track.

Comment

That sounds very hit and miss Konovolov. I would hate you to spend hours following the wrong family. If you work carefully backwards from what you know for a fact and then get stuck you can always put up a thread asking for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  That sounds very hit and miss Konovolov. I would hate you to spend hours following the wrong family. If you work carefully backwards from what you know for a fact and then get stuck you can always put up a thread asking for help.
                  I wholeheartedly agree with Chrissie - you will find it much more rewarding if you trace the correct family first time by checking each stage going back rather than going 'gung ho' as you put it and getting a load of information that is not relevant.

Margaret

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm 99% sure this is correct though. As Florence jane is conveniently staying with the Green family on the 1911 census under her married name of Holmes. And as the family moved to Northumberland from East Anglia, they have been easy to trace back. I say I'm gung ho, which is true, but I'm also extremely OCD too in terms of notetaking, looking for evidence and the like, i just wish I was as OCD about organising my notes and research!
                    Craig

Just to add, Herbert and Jane Carr are the parents of Florence.
                    Last edited by Konovolov; 13-05-12, 02:53.

Comment

Right! that all sounds more reassuring and that you are actually using your findings to track back even though you express it as a 'gung ho' approach.

Margaret

Comment

Thank you As Margaret says, very reassuring Not what we usually think of as 'gung ho' by the sound of it:D
                        If you ever do find an OCD way of organising your notes etc I would love to hear it, as I have the same problem

Comment

Working...
                        X