Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Family on the 1871 Census..Help needed please !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Family on the 1871 Census..Help needed please !!

I have only found this family in the last couple of days & have come to a full stop on the 1871 as I cannot find one of them !!!

Married in Birmingham in 1839 : JAMES TUCKER & ANN FREEMAN

1841: Keepers cottage: Preston on Stour Glos.
    James Tucker aged 25. Game Keeper.
    Ann Tucker, aged 20.
    Henry Tucker, 1, 1840

1851: Beacham, Preston on Stour, Warwickshire.
    James Tucker, 32, (1819) Game keeper b Banbury
    Anne Tucker, 29, (1822) b Stratford on Avon.
    Henry, 10, 1840
    Sarah A, 6, 1845 b Preston on Stour
    Elizabeth, 3, 1847 " " "
    Selina F, 1, 1850 " " "

1861: Eastwick, Sawbridgeworth, Herts.
    Arthur J Tucker (!), 40, Farmer. ( No idea where the name Arthur has come from)
    Anne Tucker, 38, b S/o/ Avon.
    Ellen Tucker, Single, 18, b Preston on Stour ( Ellen was with her maternal grandmother on the 1851 in S/on/Avon)
    Sarah A, single, 17 " " "
    Elizabeth, single, 13, " " "
    Fanny S, 11, (Selina ?)
    Francis W, 3, 1858 b Herts.

And that is where I come to a full stop, sadly ! I am looking for them on FMP & cannot find a trace for any of them. HELP !! Can you spot them for me please ?????

Thank you for looking at my post.
    Last edited by skylark; 09-05-12, 17:53.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

looking at a tree on A******try his name is Arthur James Tucker born Warwickshire 1821
    married Ann Freeman
    they had 6 children.
    they only have the 1851 and 1861 census though.

Comment

Fanny is listed as Fanny Selina Tucker. born December 1849 Warwickshire.

Comment

RG10 3079 5 3 Sarah A Tucker Longmore Street Kings Norton Worcestershire a servant

Last edited by Guest; 09-05-12, 18:57.

Comment

Thank you for your help, clearly this family were taken off by the fairies by 1871 !! Sadly I do not access to Ancestry so cannot follow up on the leads that you so kindly given me.

Thanks again, Margaret.
          Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Originally posted by skylark View Post
            I have only found this family in the last couple of days & have come to a full stop on the 1871 as I cannot find one of them !!!

Married in Birmingham in 1839 : JAMES TUCKER & ANN FREEMAN

1841: Keepers cottage: Preston on Stour Glos.
            James Tucker aged 25. Game Keeper.
            Ann Tucker, aged 20.
            Henry Tucker, 1, 1840

1851: Beacham, Preston on Stour, Warwickshire.
            James Tucker, 32, (1819) Game keeper b Banbury
            Anne Tucker, 29, (1822) b Stratford on Avon.
            Henry, 10, 1840
            Sarah A, 6, 1845 b Preston on Stour
            Elizabeth, 3, 1847 " " "
            Selina F, 1, 1850 " " "

1861: Eastwick, Sawbridgeworth, Herts.
            Arthur J Tucker (!), 40, Farmer. ( No idea where the name Arthur has come from)
            Anne Tucker, 38, b S/o/ Avon.
            Ellen Tucker, Single, 18, b Preston on Stour ( Ellen was with her maternal grandmother on the 1851 in S/on/Avon)
            Sarah A, single, 17 " " "
            Elizabeth, single, 13, " " "
            Fanny S, 11, (Selina ?)
            Francis W, 3, 1858 b Herts.

And that is where I come to a full stop, sadly ! I am looking for them on FMP & cannot find a trace for any of them. HELP !! Can you spot them for me please ?????

Thank you for looking at my post.
            Hi! I have just found this forum by accident spotting your question when I googled Tucker! Just asking if you ever found out what happened to Arthur James and Anne Tucker, I see your post was a while ago? Well letting you know that I can answer your question.......they were my great-great-grandparents. Get back to me if you still need to know.

Comment

Hello Marion,
              I am certainly still interested in finding out more about this family. I will go back to my notes/ information etc. & double check everything that I know about them. So I will be getting back in touch with you I promise. Thank you in advance for taking me a step further on !!!

Best regards,
              Margaret.

Comment

Hello again Marion,
                well it did not take me long to check my notes as they only run to one A4 sheet of paper. I would love to discover what became of the family. I have long assumed that perhaps they changed their surname? My main interest lies with Ann Tucker (nee Freeman) I did find baptisms for 8 children that may belong to James & Ann Tucker. I do have a copy of their marriage certificate in 1839 which confirms that Ann is the one in my family tree. Looking forward to hearing from you.
                Regards, Margaret.

Comment

Re: Tuckers

Hello again Marion,
                  well it did not take me long to check my notes as they only run to one A4 sheet of paper. I would love to discover what became of the family. I have long assumed that perhaps they changed their surname? My main interest lies with Ann Tucker (nee Freeman) I did find baptisms for 8 children that may belong to James & Ann Tucker. I do have a copy of their marriage certificate in 1839 which confirms that Ann is the one in my family tree. Looking forward to hearing from you.
                  Regards, Margaret.
                  Hi Margaret,
                  I'll try not to be too long-winded!
                  I am a descendent of Ellen Maria Tucker, as you said, she was in the 1861Census aged 18 and previously with her grandmother. 5th May 1863 she married William James Cardwell, on the 11th May 1863 had a daughter, also Ellen Maria, the child died same day. She went on to have 4 sons, my grandfather William Henry Edward was one. In June 1875 her husband William died in London (he seemed to work as a butler all over the place. Ellen a pub landlady near Newmarket) Then 9 July 1875 Ellen died in childbirth. The sons were orphaned. So what about the Tucker grandparents, where were they to help? Well, amazingly, they were in America! Must have been around the mid-1860's. They are on the 1870 United States Census in Marshall, Michigan aged 48, he a gardener, also they have a daughter Kate aged 8 who was born in England, so that takes us back to 1862. Next they appeared on the United States Federal census, at 139 (?) Hanover st, Marshall, Michigan with Kate aged 18. She later married a couple of times and died in 1949. Arthur James died 18 Feb 1900 and Anne died 28 Feb 1911. All buried in Oakridge Cemetery. Marshall. I have only recently found all this out. They must have taken a number of children with them, although I haven't looked into that. Lots of Tuckers in Marshall now by the look of it. The older ones like Ellen obviously stayed here in England. So, how certain am I? Some years ago I was given a photo of a mystery couple (the picture being in my Aunt Ellen's possession) On the back of this studio photograph is the name Young & Mackay, Marshall, Michigan! This photograph must have belonged to my grandfather, so I'd like to think they kept in touch with him. No date on the picture though.
                  Sorry I have been long-winded! Regards, Marion

Comment

Mystery solved at last !! Thank you so much Marion....so no wonder I could never find them - they were in the USA. The "Kate" with them was probably Catherine Mary Tucker, who was baptised in 1861, High Wycombe Hertfordshire. If you would like the information I have on the family of Ann Freeman/Tucker I will happily pass it on to you - & the name Ellen Maria was continued in my own branch of the family !! Thank you again & I am off to do some research on the Tucker children who may have stayed in the UK.
                    regards,
                    Margaret.

Comment

tuckers

Mystery solved at last !! Thank you so much Marion....so no wonder I could never find them - they were in the USA. The "Kate" with them was probably Catherine Mary Tucker, who was baptised in 1861, High Wycombe Hertfordshire. If you would like the information I have on the family of Ann Freeman/Tucker I will happily pass it on to you - & the name Ellen Maria was continued in my own branch of the family !! Thank you again & I am off to do some research on the Tucker children who may have stayed in the UK.
                      regards,
                      Margaret.

So pleased to have been able to share this with you, I have a Cardwell cousin that was also looking for the Tuckers and sent her an email but not sure if she got it, it is rare for me to find a 'Cardwell' connection. I am interested in anything really, seem to have come to a dead end with Tucker although Arthur's father was William also a gamekeeper. Did you notice on the 1851 census that 'next door' to Arthur James was John Tucker and family at Alscot also born at Banbury. Do you reckon this could be his brother? As regards the Freemans, I had William married Mary but know her fathers name was Samuel, so presume William is wrong unless you know if it is the same person. All these Williams and Marys are tricky. I am amazed that Ellen Maria is also in your family. Wondered if you'd pick that up. My Aunt Ellen Marie had a daughter Marie Ellen and my mum had to name my sister with a second name Ellen. I didn't know this when I named my daughter Helen, which is similar. My names are completely random! Thanks so much for getting back. Perhaps later on if you are happy to we could use email and I'd send you that photo, love to know why they went to Marshall.
                      Regards Marion

Comment

Hello Marion,
                        I would love to see the photo.. I will send you my email address by personal message on this site.

Best regards, Margaret.

Comment

Got your email address, will send the photo. I will send it via my gmail as it seems easier.

Comment

Working...
                          X