Scottish Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Search

Which is the best and most reasonable site to search for possible living people in Scotland please?
    My Dad wants to contact someone he knew over 60 years ago and the last address he has is Kennoway in Fife.
    I would like to do some research to check that the person is still alive and if so, possibly contact one of their children first.

UK Phone Books on Ancestry might give you a clue - up to about 1968. Searching for a current phone number on bt.com might give a clue, if they haven't moved too far. You may be much too recent to get anything useful from ScotlandsPeople, though you might just be able to hazard a guess at the marriage if the name is unusual enough. You'd have to send off for the certificate though. SP will explain the process.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

You could try a Google - especially if it is an unusual name.
      Kennoway is quite a small place - you may be lucky.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you both, I did a search on 192 (which was more expensive than I thought it would be) and found her living in the same address as when he last had contact in the 50s.

Comment

Working...
        X