Estello/Estella/Estelle/Stella Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estello/Estella/Estelle/Stella Wilson

I have decided to try and find out more about my Grand-fathers sister again after a long break. Any Help would be appreciated as to place to look for info etc....
    I have Estello Norma Wilson born 1912 Oldham Lancs. Who marries Walter J Clayton as Estella 1B 277 1935 St Pancras London. 4th qtr.
    Then remarries in 1946 8B 744 4th qtr. the entry says Estelle now. 2 entries one for Clayton and one for Wilson in Register. I assume this is because of first marriage. This is in East Glamorgan.
    She dies in May 1986 on the Wirral Birkenhead. She lived in Heswall.
    How can I go about finding her address when she lived in Heswall.
    We knew her as Stella so its a little confusing looking things up with 4 versions of the name. How can I find out what happened to her 1st Husband
    maybe it was a war death but deep down somewhere in my memory I remember an Uncle Walter so could they have divorced. If so how would
    I find this out.
    I was told Stella and Robert used to entertain the troops years ago is there anyway I can track this down. Later on Robert worked for Tate and Lyle and
    spent some time living in Trinidad.
    Thanks for reading
    Lynda

Her second marriage cert will give her condition at marriage - widowed or divorced.

Her death cert ought to give her usual address.

OC

Comment

Her correct name was Estella; Estello will be a mistranscription.

She and Walter John Clayton are on the electoral roll in St Pancras in 1938, but I can't see them after that. There's a Mary Ann Clayton at the same address. There's a Stella Clayton in London with a Phyllis Clayton in 1945, but that may be a different person.

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 10-05-12, 01:50.

Comment

Thanks very much for your replies. Just shows how long it is since I did any research I should of known
        about the certificates.
        After being in the coma last year sometimes I have trouble remembering how to go about doing some things.
        Then it is as if I never forgot how when told again. Like my memory needs to be woken up. Not everything just some things.
        I just cant believe i didnt remember I must get certs after all the research I did before.
        Thanks very much for helping me out and pointing me in the right direction again.

Another question I will be subscribing again to Ancestry or someone similar. Who does everyone find the easiest and best to use?

Thanks for reading

Lynda

Comment

Originally posted by LyndainSpain View Post
          Thanks very much for your replies. Just shows how long it is since I did any research I should of known
          about the certificates.
          After being in the coma last year sometimes I have trouble remembering how to go about doing some things.
          Then it is as if I never forgot how when told again. Like my memory needs to be woken up. Not everything just some things.
          I just cant believe i didnt remember I must get certs after all the research I did before.
          Thanks very much for helping me out and pointing me in the right direction again.

Another question I will be subscribing again to Ancestry or someone similar. Who does everyone find the easiest and best to use?

Thanks for reading

Lynda
          A lot of us use Ancestry as they have all the cenuses now up to and including 1911 and they are continually adding more records including parish registers. If you buy a FTM program for around £40 you can get 6 months sub to ancestry included and the new program 2012 allows synchronising to an online tree which can be very helpful for hints and links to others doing the same research.

Margaret

Comment

Thanks very much Margaret
            I shall look into that seems good value.
            Lynda

Comment

Working...
            X