Regimental Births

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regimental Births

edward young.JPGwould Edward Youngs Birth have been in the same year as the one above him Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 09-05-12, 09:51.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16293[/ATTACH]would Edward Youngs Birth have been in the same year as the one above him Thanks
    I would say so but if he was born in UK shouldn't the reg be in the GRO Index anyway?

Margaret

Comment

.. would Edward Youngs Birth have been in the same year as the one above him
      I would say not necessarily so!
      I presume you have taken the screenshot from the Overseas BMD index.
      I have had something similar in the past and I got round it by emailing the GRO first and asking them what year I should put in the box on the certificate request form. If you give them the details of the database that you have found it in, e.g. Army births 1830-1840 (just an example!) then they should be able to help you.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks but I cant find it in the GRO Births Margaret ?
        Thanks Elaine ,I was looking for a Birth between 1912 and 1920 and this one came up so was hoping its for the 1900s and not the 1800s as most of them seem to be ?
        If a man was in the Army during the first World War and I cannot find one of the childrens Births could it be in the Army Births ?

Comment

Thanks Elaine ,I was looking for a Birth between 1912 and 1920 and this one came up so was hoping its for the 1900s and not the 1800s as most of them seem to be ?
          Does the database where you have found it have a heading which gives dates covered?
          Elaine

Comment

The database is GRO Regimental Birth Indices Supplement (1761 to 1924) - so in theory it could be between 1912-1920. I would suggest a phone call or email to the GRO to ask if they can give you the year. They were very helpful when I contacted them.
            Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine will do

Comment

well very helpful they were NOT all he said was they cant tell me ? oh well thanks Elaine

Comment

That's a bit naughty, because if you were ordering that certificate you would need to put a year in the applicable box. Without entering the year you cannot fill out the online form so that it will be accepted. It will keep bouncing back with an error message that there is no year entered.
                  On the other hand, if you guess and put the year you think it might be then they may possibly reject your application if you have guessed the wrong year.
                  I would write a very strong email! :D
                  Elaine

Comment

I assume you put the year as 1761-1924? should only take the about year to search

Comment

I think the problem is that on the online GRO form for overseas certificates you have to enter the exact year - it wont take more than 4 digits so you cannot quote the database title of 1761-1924 - which is why, IMO, they should be more helpful with you! Tell them you want to order it and the form wont accept you either leaving it blank (because you don't know the year) or entering 1761-1924 so they know the database you are quoting from.
                      Elaine

Comment

your right Elaine hadn't thought of that thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X