1861 census ?? people missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1861 census ?? people missing

I know there are certain issues with some of the census records missing ,but I seem to have an awful lot of people I cannot find in 1861 ?
    Is there something I dont know ?

lol think we are all in the same boat.

Jan x

Comment

really ? I know some areas are missing but this is madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        really ? I know some areas are missing but this is madness.
        Have you looked at the lists of missing Pieces to see if they affect the areas relevant to your research?

The FMP Knowledge Base has a list here (for all the censuses up to 1901): http://www.findmypast.co.uk/help-and...s/known-issues

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine will have a look at that

Comment

well St Pancras in 1861 isn't on that list for a start ??? maybe I should search on Ancestry, thanks Christine.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-05-12, 00:21.

Comment

a lot of london is missing.....wich is a complete bummer, i may have been able to solve a mystery if it existed for st george hanover square!

Comment

according to the list St Pancras isn't missing ? so I must be doing something wrong Kyle ? had enough for today going to bed nitex

Comment

Hi Val, I have a lot of trouble lately with mistranscriptions on ancestry! ir Korney instead of Rooney and yesterday Cains instead of Cearns! Not admittedly for the 1861 in particular but just in general, have you tried doing a wildcard search? Post away if you would like a second pair of eyes
                  KAREN xx

Comment

I tried not using their surname not using their first name etc Karen , they could be in the Pancras Workhouse.
                    Good of you to offer these are some of them
                    Take your pick

All Surnamed
                    STANTON

Mother Harriett born 1815 Haringey
                    Daughter Harriett born 1846 Camden
                    Daughter Mary born 1847 Camden

Son George born 1836 Haringey

Daughter Ann born 1840 Whitechapel

I dont think they will be together somehow as some of them they are in Pancras Workhouse in 1851 and get baptised there and Harriett the Mother dies in 1868 .
                    Should have said George her Husband who was also in the Workhouse in 1851 dies in 1852 in Pancras and is buried in Camden.

If you can find just one would be grateful thanks dont worry about any other records this will do fine for now
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-05-12, 14:26.

Comment

Hiya Val, just seen your list and will get looking BUT bit confused you have three under the 1861?! I thought this was the census you couldn't find them, did you mean first three together in 1851?
                      KAREN xx

Comment

sorry I am looking for all three in 1861 Harriett and her two Daughters Mary and Harriett anywhere?

George in 1851

and Ann in 1871
                        but not neccessarily together
                        Does that make sense?

Comment

Yep makes sense Val, will get looking!
                          KAREN xx

Comment

dont worry too much and thanks Karen

Comment

Hi Val,

Have got free trial on the genealogist so had a look on there.

was mary just plain mary or could she have been mary ann?

found this having had no luck on ancestry!!

Mary Ann Stanton
                              . . . Age : 15 ... Born in : 1846 ...
                              . . . Relation to the head of household: Servant ...
                              . . . Profession: General Servant ... Birth county : Middlesex ... Birth parish: London ... Parish: Marylebone ...
                              . . . Address: 16 Little Titchfield Street ... District: Rg9-068 ... Area: Marylebone ...
                              KAREN xx

Comment

or this one...less likely...........Mary Ann Stanton
                                . . . Age : 14 ... Born in : 1847 ...
                                . . . Relation to the head of household: Boarder ...
                                . . . Profession: Pupil Teacher ... Birth county : Middlesex ... Birth parish: London ... Parish: Godalming ...
                                . . . Address: Mational School ... District: Rg9_429 ... Area: Guildford ...

Surrey 1861
                                KAREN xx

Comment

A possible for Harriet b1846.........Gives birthplace as St pancras

Harriett J Stinton
                                  . . . Age : 13 ... Born in : 1848 ...
                                  . . . Profession: General Servant ... Birth county : Middlesex ... Birth parish: St Pancras ... Parish: Paddington ...
                                  . . . Address: 219 Maida Rale ... District: Rg9-005 ... Area: Kensington ...

all so far for the 1861
                                  Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-05-12, 15:17.
                                  KAREN xx

Comment

on the 1851 the only George I can find that is remotely possible is this one BUT he gives his place of birth at St Saviours Surrey, so highly unlikely.

George Stanton
                                    . . . Age : 16 ... Born in : 1835 ...
                                    . . . Profession: Shop Boy ... Birth county : Surrey ... Birth parish: St Saviours ... Parish: St Luke ...
                                    . . . Address: 46 Bath Street ... District: H1071521 ... Area: Middlesex ...

Had no luck with Harriett senior.

Couldn't find a even a possible for Ann in 1871, but she could be married by then.
                                    KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                                      A possible for Harriet b1846.........Gives birthplace as St pancras

Harriett J Stinton
                                      . . . Age : 13 ... Born in : 1848 ...
                                      . . . Profession: General Servant ... Birth county : Middlesex ... Birth parish: St Pancras ... Parish: Paddington ...
                                      . . . Address: 219 Maida Rale ... District: Rg9-005 ... Area: Kensington ...

all so far for the 1861
                                      ooh you could be right about this one Karen cannot find a Birth for her thanks very much for looking , now off to see if the others are right .

Comment

this is also probably my George he does give his birth place as Bermondsey which is in Surrey on 1861 and he is a Poulterer ? so could have started as a shop boy

thanks very much once again

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                                        on the 1851 the only George I can find that is remotely possible is this one BUT he gives his place of birth at St Saviours Surrey, so highly unlikely.

George Stanton
                                        . . . Age : 16 ... Born in : 1835 ...
                                        . . . Profession: Shop Boy ... Birth county : Surrey ... Birth parish: St Saviours ... Parish: St Luke ...
                                        . . . Address: 46 Bath Street ... District: H1071521 ... Area: Middlesex ...

Had no luck with Harriett senior.

Couldn't find a even a possible for Ann in 1871, but she could be married by then.

Comment

Working...
                                        X