Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone visiting the London Metropolitan Archives ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Anyone visiting the London Metropolitan Archives ?

If anyone is going and would be so kind, as mentioned elsewhere I'm trying to establish which happened to my Gt Uncle who was a constable in the Metropolitan Police and died of injuries sustained whilst on duty. The Met have no detail of what happened and I've drawn a blank with newspapers. The City of Westminster Archives have suggested perhaps looking up the hospital records ?

His name was Alfred Thomas SMITH and he died, I believe 20th December 1914. It's most likely that he would have been at St Mary's, Paddington, as per the following link;

The Hospital Records (HOSPREC) Database was the result of a collaborative project between the Wellcome Library and The National Archives to bring together information about the existence and location of the records of UK hospitals. This information includes: the administrative details of the hospitals, and their status or type the location and covering dates of […]

Many thanks in anticipation
    Paul
    Paul
    Researching SMITH, HUCKLE, HALL, BARBY, COX, SEPHTON, HENSON, SWAIN, ATKINS, MEAKINS, BAILEY, CROFT, CLARK(E), AND OF COURSE MANY OTHERS

Photo page http://flickr.com/genesgenie

My great grandfather died at the Middlesex Hospital in 1917. I keep meaning to have a look at the records. If your query is still outstanding, I might try to combine the research with my own... unless the Middx stuff is at the Westminster Archives, of course!

Or it might be possible to combine it with a trip to one of the free Gresham lectures in the City.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 08-05-12, 18:05.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine. I rarely get to London unfortunately, last time I had the chance was about 3 years ago :(
      Paul
      Researching SMITH, HUCKLE, HALL, BARBY, COX, SEPHTON, HENSON, SWAIN, ATKINS, MEAKINS, BAILEY, CROFT, CLARK(E), AND OF COURSE MANY OTHERS

Photo page http://flickr.com/genesgenie

Comment

Working...
      X