Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Mary's maiden name? When did they marry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Mary's maiden name? When did they marry?

Jesse Stowe born abt 1803 Evenley Northamptonshire and Mary born abt 1806 Buckinghamshire.

Their first son was John Stowe born abt 1826 in Tingewick, Buckinghamshire, England.

Have you got this link: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....wick/index.htm

It may not help with your primary question, but could be useful for other stuff, later.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There could be some info available via the Bucks FHS http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/ ?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine.

Just an update.

There was a marriage on that site between Jesse Holton and Mary Holton.

On further investigating it is a good chance that Jesse Holton is Jesse Stowe......I found a birth that fits on freereg.....and in the 1861 census Jesse uses the surname Holton

But it does not say who his mother is, just that he was illegitimate.

So I am guessing here that Thomas Stowe and Elizabeth are his parents.....and that Elizabeth's maiden name is also Holton.

Lets see where this takes me.

Comment

Working...
        X