Was Marian their mother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Marian their mother?

A Cameron(surname) married ********* in 1948. The following were born to Cameron/ ****** all in Birmingham.
    ****** Sept 1951
    ****** and ****** 1952
    Are they all siblings and was Marian their mother?

Sorry to have to mangle your post, but we don't allow posting of names on the forum, if there's any reasonable possibility that the people are still alive - especially in any area which can be picked up by search engines. If you want help on this - as you obviously do, or you wouldn't have posted - you need to re-frame your question so that people can pick up and idea of whether or not they're likely to be able to help - and then communicate any named info by PM (Personal Message). In fact, I may have left enough for people to work out the relevant names, from other resources. - Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 06-05-12, 21:14.
    Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
    -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

An alternative is to post in the "Sensitive research" section which is for members only and can't be accessed by search engines.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Well I can't see another marriage to those two surnames that fit with the births Judith. So I would say yes, all siblings. Did you notice that the 2 in 1952 were twins?
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 06-05-12, 22:48.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

That isn't the husband dying in Birmingham in 1957 though is it?
        Oh no - more likely the one who died in 2003?
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 06-05-12, 22:54.

Comment

I should think it's very likely that Marian was the mother of all of them, because it's an unusual combination of surnames, but I don't see how you could prove it without getting the birth certificates. Ancestry has Warwickshire baptisms, but they only go up to 1906.
          The two children born in 1952 are sure to be twins, because they have the same reference number.

Comment

Sorry Mary, I should have made it clearer. The question mark was to ask whether Judith knew they were twins - I knew lol

Comment

I actually crossposted with you - I hadn't seen your post when I posted
              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 06-05-12, 23:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                An alternative is to post in the "Sensitive research" section which is for members only and can't be accessed by search engines.
                Even there, we don't encourage people to post names in full, because - although not open to search engines - it can still be viewed by anyone who bothers to register. If the named people, themselves, happen to look in, they may not be pleased to find their information published to the world at large.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I can't find a likely death for Marian.

Comment

There appear to be a couple of possible marriage records to match the 1949 name, which seems to have been missed off the list.

There are some other records which might relate to the other names... but it's difficult to tell, of course.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I can't find a death for any of the children, including daughters under possible married names.

I can't see the 1949 one Christine. EDIT - found it.
                      I can onlt find the one likely marriage though.
                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 06-05-12, 23:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                        Well I can't see another marriage to those two surnames that fit with the births Judith. So I would say yes, all siblings. Did you notice that the 2 in 1952 were twins?
                        Yes I did notice; thank you Chrissie.
                        Judith
                        Judith

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                          That isn't the husband dying in Birmingham in 1957 though is it?
                          Oh no - more likely the one who died in 2003?
                          Pretty sure it is 2003.
                          Judith
                          Judith

Comment

Working...
                          X