Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need 2 Marriage records for 1944 and 1950 in scotland please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Need 2 Marriage records for 1944 and 1950 in scotland please.

I need 2 Marriage records for 1944 and 1950 in scotland please. I am after there full names, age when married, parent names, Witnesses and also dates when married.

I am tracing my long lost sister and these 2 marriage certificates might open some thing up for me.

Please message me if you can help.

and i'll send the details to you.

Thank you

Someone with more experience of Scottish research will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think images of marriage certificates for 1944 and 1950 are available to download. You will need to order the marriage certificate.
    You should find what you need on Scotlands People - http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine,

I have tried www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and you are correct that I would need to order the certificates but I was hoping anybody is visiting Prince Street in Edinburgh shortly and would'nt mind checking these details for me. I believe that I have spoken to you before and I am still trying to find my Long lost sister.

Thank you

Glenjamin

Comment

I'll be in Edinburgh in mid June and at the records office, however i'm not sure if you can view Marriage records beyond 1935. If you let me have the info i'll do what I can.

Comment

I will be going to the Mitchell Library in Glasgow a few more time during my visit here, do you still need the data from 1944/50 Marriage Certs.

Comment

Working...
          X