Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find my Past 1911 census

Hello,

Would someone mind looking at the 1911 census and tell me what it says about Charlotte Brockley, born c1818 in Bullington, Lincolnshire.

She is living with her son in law William Epton in Langworth Lincolnshire.

There is something in the end column as you can see a bit of it on ancestry but obviously most of it is still covered.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

It says "totally deaf age 90"

Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret

She went on for another four years and died in 1915.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Oh well done to her - maybe being deaf possibly helped - you can shut out the world and just be calm and peaceful.

Margaret

Comment

Hello Tom,

I work for a museum in Lincoln which holds in its collections an 18th century mantua dress donated by Charlotte Epton (William Epton's daughter) in 1937. Charlotte said the dress had been in her family for 200 years, and as the dress has been dated to the 1730s it must have been in her family from new. I am trying to trace her family to see which branch this dress was passed down from as it is a very high status dress. Do you have any further information about the family? The dress is to go on display at The Collection in Lincoln January - March 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraB View Post
            Hello Tom,

I work for a museum in Lincoln which holds in its collections an 18th century mantua dress donated by Charlotte Epton (William Epton's daughter) in 1937. Charlotte said the dress had been in her family for 200 years, and as the dress has been dated to the 1730s it must have been in her family from new. I am trying to trace her family to see which branch this dress was passed down from as it is a very high status dress. Do you have any further information about the family? The dress is to go on display at The Collection in Lincoln January - March 2013.
            That's very exciting! But you may need to try sending Tom a PM, in case he doesn't look at this thread, with it being some time since last it was active.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have pmd him on here and on another site hopefully he will pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                I have pmd him on here and on another site hopefully he will pick it up.
                Great!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

he has picked my message up

Comment

Many thanks Christine and Val - I've never been on a forum before and haven't clue what a pm is!

Thanks again

Comment

Sara if you click on the persons name you can send them a personal message PM okay good luck Val

Comment

Thanks Val - I'll let you know if I hear anything! Best wishes, Sara

Comment

Working...
                        X