scots help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scots help please

having trouble with some scots research, maybe a fresh pair of eyes can pick up something else?

i have a marriage at kifinichan, argyll for cirsty mcdonall and john maclucais on 24 may 1831. i'm wondering if christy is a relative, but i cannot find any kids born to this couple, or them in the census.

i have an angus maclucas born 1831, iona, argyll listed as a visitor to my macfarlan family in iona in 1851. the head is mary, nee mcdonald b.1801, iona. the family emmigrated on the marmion in 1852. i can't find angus on any other census, and i wonder if he is a son of christy and john? i can't find a baptism for him either?

can anyone see anything? i'm wondering if findmypast even has iona int he 1851 census, as it isn't coming up!!

Have you tried looking at the scotlandspeople website? Iona is in the 1851 census and there are 15 MACLUCASes!

There's a lot you can do to find people by including names (or parts of names), second name in the household (e.g. wife) and you can narrow by county and/or district (it is the latter where you can go directly to Iona) without stumping up

Comment

thanx for the help bertie. i emailed fmp, and they had iona under mull as a mistake. they are fixing it now. i was just wondering if anyone could spot john and christy on the census. coz if not, they may have died, and i will probably never figure out if she is a relative or not.

Comment

Working...
      X