Idea of date, and same men?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea of date, and same men?

Hi, I believe this is two of my great great grandfathers (they were brothers) with two of their other brothers.

Can anyone else see the family resemblance? Won't say what it is so can see if anyone else picks it up.

Secondly, do you think these are the same men?

This is John (born c1856)

and I think this is George (born 1863)

Finally, do you think the other two men could be their brothers, born 1857 and 1866? And any ideas as to the date?

Thanks for looking!

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

34 views an no replies :(

Anyone?

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

I thought that there was a general family likeness between the foursome of men in the first photo.

They say that ear-features are a good way to match up people's faces over time. On that basis, the young/old pictures look to be fair matches.

On forensic TV programmes, they have sometimes shown the face-proportions technique being used. You line up the face and see that the distances between key features remain unchanged. Perhaps you could use the computer programmes you have to manipulate the photos usefully?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X