Sarah Ann Wier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Ann Wier

I have Sarah Ann Wier b1844 in Walton Norfolk. I wonder if anyone could help in finding out who her parents were?

She married William Trotman in Birmingham in 1866.

I haven't been able to find her on the 1851 or 1861 census.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Julie

In 1861 there is a Sarah A Wyer born abt 1847 living in Kinder Green Kerdiston Norfolk a servant?

Comment

or what about this one Sarah Ann Wyer born abt 1845 Norfolk a servant in Moseley Road Kings Norton

Comment

1851 Sarah Ann Whyer born abt 1846 living in Thurning Norfolk

Comment

Could this be her in 1851 ref HO107; Piece: 1561; Folio: 140; Page: 11 link http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...&pid=684864the name is transcribed as Wire and someone has put corrections on which end with Sabah Ann Wier which I thin should be Sarah Ann. Date of birth and place is right though. The brother should be 8 months and the mother is Diana
          Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by JULES65 View Post
            I have Sarah Ann Wier b1844 in Walton Norfolk. I wonder if anyone could help in finding out who her parents were?

She married William Trotman in Birmingham in 1866.

I haven't been able to find her on the 1851 or 1861 census.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Julie
            You could of course get her marriage cert and find her father's name which would help pinpoint her.

Margaret

Comment

thanks everyone. Certainly gives me something to check out. Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                You could of course get her marriage cert and find her father's name which would help pinpoint her.

Margaret
                Would definately agree with Margaret, having the fathers name would help pinpoint her.
                KAREN xx

Comment

or get her birth cert
                  Name: WIER, Sarah Ann
                  Registration district: Wayland
                  County: Norfolk
                  Year of registration: 1844
                  Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
                  Volume no: 13
                  Page no:344

Comment

why didn't we think of that ?? possibly because she asked for her in the census records, and not her Birth? good thinking.

Comment

I think Sarah Ann's birthplace is Watton & not Walton. This comes under the Wayland registration district.
                      Following on from the 1851 census that Margaret found with a mother Diana, blacksmith's wife this could be her marriage.

If this link doesn't work you are looking for the marriage of a Dinah Mann in 1842 at Watton.
                      Moggie

Comment

The 8 month old son in 1851 was named William Shorten Wire, could this be the baptism of his father in 1818? http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search...cordID=2875857
                        His father was Michael as per the marriage record that I have given in my previous post.
                        Moggie

Comment

Yes - it would be Watton (area of Attleborough/Thetford)

Comment

There are a lot of images of Norfolk PRs & BTs available on FamilySearch these days. Have a look here:
                            Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                            X