St. Phillips, Birmingham - Marriage Look Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Phillips, Birmingham - Marriage Look Up

Hi, I am not sure if this is possible at all.

I have a marriage of a Joseph Jackson in 1797 to a Hannah ? Is there anyway of finding out Hannah's surname?

Thanks for any pointers.

Julie

Here it is :

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

It seems she was also Jackson.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I went ont othe IGI batch nos. website:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....htm#PageTitle

I then found the parish and the date range: (it came up with the batch number in the search box)

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/Query/IGIBatchQueryM.htm#PageTitle

Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 01-05-12, 22:10.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thank you Elizabeth for your help. I just thought that they had put the surname Jackson to Hannah as they didn't know her surname and just used her husbands. But that was just guessing really. So a Jackson married a Jackson! Thanks again

Julie

Comment

Cousins did often marry cousins!
          Margaret

Comment

or brothers marrying widowed sister in laws......

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
              or brothers marrying widowed sister in laws......
              Tut tut. Almost as bad as marrying a deceased wife's sister, which was frowned upon.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                Tut tut. Almost as bad as marrying a deceased wife's sister, which was frowned upon.
                I actually have that with my ancestors! Also first cousins marrying and one man who emigrated leaving his wife and four children, changing his name and then having another family in America!

Comment

or maybe just a plain widow......you never know till you see the original register.

Comment

Working...
                  X