Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellen Elizabeth Connor b1898 death record

Dear all,

Well after spending most of the afternoon looking for her death I am all out of ideas.

This is her birth:

Name: Ellen Elizabeth Connor
    Birth: Jan 1898 - St Giles, London.

This is the family on the 1901:

This is the family on the 1911 and as you can see Ellen is missing:

Ellen was my grandmothers sister. From what my mum has told me Ellen died when she was a little girl.

This afternoon I started at the second quarter of 1901 and went upto the 1st quarter of 1911...............Nothing! the only Ellen Connor I found died in Chelsea in 1904 aged 8 and Ellen would only have been 5 and also Chelsea the wrong area.

Could she perhaps be incorrectly indexed ie conner? I suppose it not important that I find her death as I know what happened to her, I just wanted to find the record as I wanted the death certificate to see how see died.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 11-05-12, 13:31.
    KAREN xx

I have had a look under ellen/elizabeth/o'connor and conner. I can't find any match for you in London. Is it possible the family lived elsewhere inbetween the census years?
    Alternatively, it could be a case of guessing other mistranscriptions - I found the marriage of one of my Vangos as Lang - that took a while!
    Good luck
    Denise

Comment

Thanks for trying Denise, I appreciate it. No the family lived in London all their lives. Very frustrating with spelling issues, I found a Tarrant as Farrant and it was changed on the marriage certificate. What i cannot understand with this though is that I went through quarter by painstaking quarter every year for 10 years. So I can only assume it is an indexing error. will have to give up on her again.......Sorry Ellen!!
      KAREN xx

Comment

I have just looked for a Ellen Connor born abt in 1896 in Chelsea and there does not seem to be one ??? so maybe that Chelsea one is yours ??? have you tried looking under maybe Eleanor ???

Comment

Hi Val, mmm interesting that there doesn't seem to be a corresponding ellen on the census' for the one born 1896. Ellen would only have been 5 and that child would have been 8 though, also family living in Lambeth. Worth looking into, hadn't thought of tracking Ellen Connor b1896. There wasn't a Connor with anything like Ellen at the right age in the right area between 1901 and 1911. Thanks for trying to help I appreciate it
          KAREN xx

Comment

Wonder if this is the Ellen Connor who died in Chelsea?

Name: Ellen Connor
            Birth: abt 1896 - Westminster, London, England
            Residence: 1901 - Westminster, St John the Evangelist and St Margaret Westminster, London, England

Typical, cannot find the family on the 1911!! Wanted to eliminate this Ellen Connor as I think this maybe her death in 1904. This is them in 1901

[url]http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=view&r=5538&dbid=7814&iid=LNDRG13_89_91-1010&fn=Dennis&ln=Connor&st=r&ssrc=&pid=711097[/url

Found this Ellens Connor birth reg:

Name: Ellen Connor
            Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1896
            Registration district: St George Hanover Square
            Inferred County: London
            Volume: 1a
            Page: 460

St George Hanover square is the Westminster registration district.

Back to thinking mine has been mis indexed!!
            Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-05-12, 19:50. Reason: added info
            KAREN xx

Comment

Is this your Ellen's birth?
              Ellen Connor
              Pancras Sept qtr 1897 Vol 1b page 96
              Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 01-05-12, 19:43.
              My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

this is her birth I think Sue , Ellen Elizabeth Connor Mar 1898 St Giles 1B 630

Comment

Hi there,

No my Ellen Elizabeth Connor is as follows:

Name: Ellen Elizabeth Connor
                  Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1898
                  Registration district: St Giles
                  Inferred County: London
                  Volume: 1b
                  Page: 630
                  KAREN xx

Comment

LOL Val, you beat me to it!!
                    KAREN xx

Comment

oops sorry Karen, this is really bugging me now hate mysteries

Comment

LOL Val, I so know what you mean!! I have been looking for her death on and off for nearly 6 years!!!!

Mum told me that she died very young when my grandmother was only about 2 or 3. Well my grandmother was born in 1907 so at first tried looking to fit that, then I thought perhaps my grandmother was confused and Ellen died aged 2 or 3...........still nothing. So today spend ages searching every quarter from the time she was on the 1901 census until the 1911 when she not there.....nothing!!!GGGGGrrrrrrrrr
                        KAREN xx

Comment

They should have been forced to state what year the child died in on the 1911 census!!
                          KAREN xx

Comment

According to Deceased Online, there are 2 Ellen Connors buried in St Pancras, 1905 and 1907

Could you use that to cross-reference with the death indexes?

EDit - no, one's 0 and the other's 85! Unless one of the ages is wrong?
                            Last edited by Lindsay; 01-05-12, 20:31.

Comment

Hi Lindsay,

am going to re check those years now
                              KAREN xx

Comment

The one in 1905 was aged 0
                                KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                  According to Deceased Online, there are 2 Ellen Connors buried in St Pancras, 1905 and 1907

Could you use that to cross-reference with the death indexes?

EDit - no, one's 0 and the other's 85! Unless one of the ages is wrong?
                                  Ah Lindsay just posted!! haven't checked 1907 yet but wont bother now! Thanks for trying to help appreciate it
                                  KAREN xx

Comment

Sorry I wasn't more help!

Comment

maybe she didnt die ? family rumours aren't always true ? if you do ever find her I'd like to know what she died of too ??

Comment

I was thinking that as well (she didn't die) - does it say how many children have died in 1911?

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X