australian death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• australian death

trying to find death of eric riley in Appin ,i think it is in nsw ,would be around 2006 onwards ,would have been 71 in that year

The best place to look for recent (after 1981) deaths in NSW is the Ryerson Index, which indexes death notices from the newspapers. No other source is available for deaths more recent than 1981.

Appin is rural area south of the main part of Sydney, a death notice would probably have been included in the large Sydney daily newspapers.

There are a couple I found in the Ryerson Index were "late of Gymea Bay" and "late of Liverpool" which are not too far away from Appin. Unless he died in a car crash on the notorious Appin Road, then he might have been registered elsewhere.

This link will take you to the index results : http://ryersonindex.net/search.php.

You can also search the death notices on the daily telegraph website, but I am not sure how long they are available.

Diane
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

hi diane,thanks for the information,unfortunately there was notheing on the index in sydneys three newspapers.Eric was my husbands friend from 1951 to 1968,they were great pals and workmates both working as miners,Eric emigrated to work in the mines at appin and they lost contact .My husband finally went online last year and found a site for the colliery he worked at here in rotherham s yorks ,on the messages page on the site Eric had puta notice out about the colliery with his e mail,sadly when we sent a message there was no reply,but the piece on the colliery had been sent in five years earlier so anything could have happened in between .thanks again ,regards isabella

Comment

Isabella,
        There is a little bit on Eric Riley mentioned on the link below. It is probably about your Eric but unfortunately it doesn't give any death details.

Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

hi grumpy,yes this is our eric,it is on the mining site and where we found him along with his e mail but as i said there was no answer back ,making us think he had died ,of course with his age taken into consideration he may have given up going on line,he would be 77/78 years old now .thank you for your imput,isabella

Comment

Working...
          X