2 birth registrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 birth registrations

Why would someone have 2 birth registrations in successive quarters? His parents were married the year before he was born, so it wasn't for that reason. It wasn't a sibling who died, as there wasn't time, plus he is the only one to ever have this name.

His father was an habitual liar however, and I am wondering whether if they found out an error they re-registered to correct it.

This is for a distant twig, so I don't particularly want to buy both certs.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

There are restrictions as to when a re-registration can occur so it would have to be something significant to be allowed.

Have a look here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...ents/DG_200727 for the official version

Margaret

Comment

I do have one instance in my tree where a baby was apparently registered twice, but further investigation showed that the child was in fact only registered once - born at the very end of the quarter and the information was submitted to the GRO at the end of one quarter and then again in error at the beginning of the next quarter.

OC

Comment

Thanks for the answers. There are a few of us looking at this line, and luckily tonight we have just made contact with someone who has done a lot of research into him, so I might find out the answer!
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
        X