Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone read this occupation for me please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone read this occupation for me please?

it is for Eliza Hogg, I just cannot make it out! Does it say Dome? short for Domestic servant?

Thank you
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 28-04-12, 15:05. Reason: added text
    KAREN xx

As far as I can see it says None.

Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie
      KAREN xx

Comment

nope, it says 'none' as in no occupation, though it could mean she was out of employ, or that there were some underlying problem.. such as a disability.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie, on a later census she is a domestic servant, that is why I thought it may have been shortened, but when you are told it is none it is so obviously none!! She is living with relatives at the time so they were probably supporting her. I would love to know why she never married and ended up for far away from her immediate family. If I could have one wish it would definitely be for a time machine!!
          KAREN xx

Comment

oooh I know what you mean fuzzy... it would solve many a problem...lol (time machine that is!) :smilee:
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

LOL Julie, I wish I had paid more attention to all the oldies when I was growing up, they were a mine of info but in those days I thought that all this family history stuff was boring, now I am totally obsessed with it.!!
              KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
              X