William Henry Quibell / Pyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Henry Quibell / Pyzer

William Henry Quibell (born South Kirkby, York on 10 Jan 1923) to mother Ethel Mary Quibell (father unknown). I am researching the Pyzer family and William Edward Pyzer died in a mining accident on 17 Jul 1935. On 21st Aug 1935 a legal document was signed between his widow, Edith Sarah and the mining company naming William Henry Quibell: “And that the said William Edward Pyzer deceased had prior to his death maintained a child named William Henry Quibell but who was not a legally adopted child of the said deceased”. Any members of the family that I have contacted only ever knew William Henry as ‘Pyzer’. His marriage certificate and death certificate name him as Pyzer. I have recently sent for a copy his birth certificate which is annotated ‘Adopted’. He obviously wasn’t adopted by the age of 12, when the legal document was signed, so it wasn’t William Edward Pyzer who adopted him. Has anyone any ideas please?

Hi Suzilizi and welcome to FTF.

Maybe Edith adopted him after the death of her husband, when she realised that he couldn't legally inherit. Was William Henry brought up by the Pyzers? Whatever, it does sound as if Edith was involved with William Henry's welfare and was well disposed to wards him.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      Hi Suzilizi and welcome to FTF.

Maybe Edith adopted him after the death of her husband, when she realised that he couldn't legally inherit. Was William Henry brought up by the Pyzers? Whatever, it does sound as if Edith was involved with William Henry's welfare and was well disposed to wards him.

OC
      Many thanks for that, I had thought about this but wasn't sure whether a single person could adopt on their own. Yes, as far as the rest of the family were concerned he had always been one of the family. As far as the will was concerned, Edith didn't leave him a share of her money and left it to the three girls. Thank you once again.

Comment

Do you know what happened to William's mother? if she died maybe the only way forward was for Edith to adopt him, as it seems clear he was her husband's illegitimate child by Ethel Mary Quibell.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X