Heath Family, Birmingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Family, Birmingham

I have found my great grandparents on the 1911 census.

George Heath aged 46
    Mary Heath aged 40
    Lily Heath aged 18
    Fredrick Heath 16
    Alfred Heath aged 14
    Selina Heath aged 11
    Lionel Trotman aged 7

All living at 3 Defford Road, Birmingham.

The query I have is that on the census it says that Mary and George had five children and only four of them were living. How can I find out about the child that died?

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Julie

Hi there,

have you looked for them on the previous census's to see what child is missing on the 1911 if any?
    KAREN xx

Comment

This is same family on the 1901:

George Heath 37
      Mary A Heath 30
      Lily Heath 8
      Fredrick Heath 6
      Alfred Heath 4
      Selina Heath 1

So child who dies must have been born between 1901 and 1911. Have you searched the death records at all? i suppose it is possible that a child could have been born to them before the 1901, when did they marry?
      Last edited by Fuzzy; 27-04-12, 14:35. Reason: added question
      KAREN xx

Comment

aaaaah i have just looked at likely Heaths dying in Birmingham between 1901 and 1911 and there are loads! unfortunately for you it is a common name, blast and double blast! Will have a look through the warwickshire baptisms and see if i can see any child baptised with parents George and mary heath who don't make it on to the census
        KAREN xx

Comment

Thanks Fuzzy for your help. As you say Heath is such a common name.

Comment

Sorry you asked when George Heath and Mary Trotman married. It was in 1891.

Comment

Sorry I cannot be of more help. I looked in the baptisms for warwickshire but there were no children baptised with parents George and mary Heath. I could not find them on the 1891 so assume the married after that census and before the 1901. It is frustrating when you are looking for a missing child, i had one the other day but luckily with an unusual name and baptisms records i found her! Good luck, I hope you find them
              KAREN xx

Comment

Ah we crossed posts!
                KAREN xx

Comment

Lily was born in 1893 I wonder if she was their first child, or perhaps they had one earlier who died? It very difficult with the common name.

Assuming this is the first childs registration I am guessing that she was the first:

Name: Lily Celia Heath
                  Birth: Jul 1892 - Birmingham, Warwickshire
                  Last edited by Fuzzy; 27-04-12, 14:51.
                  KAREN xx

Comment

at a guess I would begin by looking at any children born inbetween Alfred & Selina, as there seems to be a longer gap between those,
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                    X