Bit of a puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a puzzle

I am sure I have the right woman by herself in the 1961 Electoral role but I am also sure I have found her marriage in 1959 ? is it possible ? thanks

Maybe she didn't amend her details? I don't think it was so easy for the authorities to check the electoral roll back then - does she appear also in her married name?

I have a man in 1900 who appears on the Roll six months after his death.

OC

Comment

I can't remember which thread it was on now Val but do you remember the other day we found somebody registered twice in two different houses. I seem to remember that it was a son supposedly living with his parent at home and also as a lodger in the same house as his future wife.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks both am going to stick with her then

Comment

I have people who appear more than once in the same electoral roll - often on account of owning or occupying of different properties. Perhaps that gave them an entitlement to vote in local elections in more than one area?

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

that's correct christine. your on the rolls for every property you owned in the old days, 19th century. i think you could vote in the local elections for each area your on the roll, i don't know about anything bigger than that.

Comment

Working...
            X