Black Notley Parish records (Essex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Notley Parish records (Essex)

Does any one have access to or knowledge of Church's and Parish records for Black Notley? I am revisiting an old brick wall. My 4x Great Grandparents were Elizabeth Hutley and James Brewer. They were both born in Black Notley but I have never been able to find baptisms for the couple. With a lot of lateral thinking and detective work I am fairly sure that I have managed to find James' parents and I can have a pretty good guess on Elizabeth's parents. But it looks like there are a lot of baptisms and marriages missing(based on individuals showing in the census returns). Quite awhile ago some one on another forum found some baptisms and marriages from the parish records which helped me but....it is like trying to do a jigsaw with half the pieces missing!!

Sandra

Hi Sandra, I thought this rang a bell and looking back I went into ERO for you in 2009 searching Black Notley for Brewer family but found no sign of them between 1796 and 1812. If you have other dates, or want neighbouring parishes searched for let me know and I'll have another try.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Judith,

Thank you for your response. I had forgotten that I had previously but a thread on re these ancestors. However, since 2009 I have made a lot of progress (some of which needs proving) and with the amount of new records which have emerged I was hoping something new might be out there!! I think that Elizabeth Hutley's parents were John Hutley and Mary (cant find Elizabeth's baptism c1803 or John and Mary's marriage c1802). I also think that John was born in 1784 parents John and Hannah again no marriage. There are siblings for John - William and James again with no marriages - but it looks like they married and had children. I am wondering if there were non conformist records which have got lost? I have a similar scenario in Rotherham with O.H's ancestors with a lot of missing records.

Sandra

Comment

Black Notley's registers are now online at the Essex Record Office - Essex Ancestors - subscription needed
        Phil
        historyhouse.co.uk
        Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the link. I was rather hoping not to spend. If I was certain that I would find the answers I wouldn't mind but having got some information from Parish records I suspect I would just be finding the same information.

I was wondering if there was a chapel or any one was aware if there were 'known' records missing for specific years in Black Notley.

Sandra

Comment

Working...
          X