Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death record mystery

Cearns/Rooney family again!!

I have a John Cearns son of Richard Cearns and Catherine Rooney.

Birth registration:
    Name: John Cearns
    Mother's Maiden Surname: Rooney
    Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1923
    Registration district: Liverpool
    Inferred County: Lancashire
    Volume Number: 8b
    Page Number: 251

Have been looking for a possible death and I find this:

Name: John Cearns
    Birth Date: 7 Apr 1922
    Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1973
    Age at Death: 51
    Registration district: Liverpool
    Inferred County: Lancashire
    Volume: 10d
    Page: 1302

Well the thing is I have looked at every quarter and there wasn't a single John Cearns registered in the whole of 1922.

I am awaiting the birth certificate to double check that he is my Husbands uncle, but cannot imagine that he isn't as with surname Cearns and mothers name Rooney!!

I can only assume that the incorrect birthdate/year has been given at the time of death but it isn't even same quarter! Could maybe understand if birthdate had been 7th Oct/Nov/Dec

Any thoughts folks???
    KAREN xx

I've got a couple with a completely wrong year and quarter , even my Fathers is a year out , maybe the person that registered the death only guessed the date ???

Comment

Thanks Val,

I think that is probably the case, I cannot find a marriage for him, so maybe the person who registered the death didn't know him very well.
      KAREN xx

Comment

As we often say on here - death registration information is only as good as the informant knows.

Margaret

Comment

I think maybe you are right Margaret, Val said that even her fathers was not right quarter and year, so taking into account that there were no John Cearns registered in 1922 it must be him.
          KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
          X