Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brickwall ~ who was John Ward?

Who was John Ward?
    John Ward married to Elizabeth Groves on 14th January 1769 in St Bartholomew’s Church, Wednesbury, Staffordshire.The couple went on to have ten known children all born in Wednesbury :-Sarah 1772, Joseph 1773, Zechariah 1774, Edward 1777, Edward 1778, William 1778, Thomas 1781, James 1783, Francis 1791 & Maria 1793.The marriage of John Ward to Elizabeth Groves was by licence & the documents describe John as John Ward of Walsall, Staffordshire, aged thirty six years who was a widower. His employment was described as being a hose follower carrying coals.Elizabeth Groves was a spinster aged 18.As Ward was my maiden name I was hoping to look into my Ward line as far back as possible but I seem to have come to a complete standstill with John Ward who was born about 1733. I have no idea who his first wife was or whether they had any children & I have no idea who his parents were.If anyone can help me in any way to try to further my knowledge about John Ward I would be most grateful please.
    Thank you.

have you looked in walsall for records concerning him or any wards?

Comment

How about familysearch.org?
      Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
        have you looked in walsall for records concerning him or any wards?
        Funnily enough I have just come across a baptism for a Stephen Ward whose parents were John & Sarah Ward ~ this baptism was at St Matthew's, Walsall.
        Walsall doesn't seem to be covered very well on the internet so I shall have to try to visit the records office to seek further entries.
        Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          How about familysearch.org?
          Margaret
          I have looked at the familysearch entries but I think that the area I need isn't well covered by them.
          Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Working...
          X