Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copying a folder with my yahoo emails onto a flash drive

anyone know how to do this please ? thanks

If the emails are in a folder I would say you could drag and drop them onto the flash drive. You probably know how .... just in case you don't ....

Insert flash drive. Get its contents Window on screen. Get a window showing your documents folder on screen. reduce the size of both windows so you can see them both. Click and hold the folder you want to copy. Drag it to the flash drive window and let go. It will be copied.

Now tell me to go and teach granny to suck eggs!

Anne

Comment

thanks Anne but I cant get the folder out of yahoo mail

Comment

Ah, so that folder is actually in Yahoo? It must be on the Web then? I guess its relatively safe there - it would still be there even if your computer broke.

I use BT-Yahoo (so that's in the web too). I don't back the folder up BUT if I particularly want to save some emails (eg they contain lots of family history details; or its an ongoing correspondence) I copy and paste them into Word documents and then I can back those up myself.

Anne

Comment

thanks Anne I didn't realise they would not get lost ? I have about 40 I need to keep , maybe I wil copy and paste them too as a back up.

Comment

Hi,
            I was taken backup of my email folder from my Yahoo account to hard drive by using a tool from WikiHow Blog: http://www.wikihow.com/Backup-Yahoo-...ackup-Software

Comment

thanks for that Julia shall take a look

Comment

Working...
              X