Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies if it isn't.

I have an Album (a small book, like an autograph book) which belonged to my Grandmother's sister, Lily Heath. In it are poems and some drawings (very good ones) signed by her friends at the time. It was given to her by her fiance Christmas 1914. He died in the first world war.

I managed to save it when we were disposing of my parents house and found it in some old boxes which were due to go to the tip.

No one in my family are interested in it and I would hate it to end up being thrown away. Has anyone got any suggestions on any museums (or the like) who may be interested in it. I am based in the West Midlands.

Thanks

Julie

I thought I would attach some of the drawings in there, for anyone interested

photo.jpg

Sorry for the quality. The words say; More Huns. They're getting a nuisance.

Comment

Originally posted by JULES65 View Post
      Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies if it isn't.

I have an Album (a small book, like an autograph book) which belonged to my Grandmother's sister, Lily Heath. In it are poems and some drawings (very good ones) signed by her friends at the time. It was given to her by her fiance Christmas 1914. He died in the first world war.

I managed to save it when we were disposing of my parents house and found it in some old boxes which were due to go to the tip.

No one in my family are interested in it and I would hate it to end up being thrown away. Has anyone got any suggestions on any museums (or the like) who may be interested in it. I am based in the West Midlands.

Thanks

Julie
      I know that this is a late posting but might the fiancé's family be interested in the book?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

If the other family don't want it, I would offer it to either a local museum or the War museum.

Comment

Working...
        X