Gwent Archives - 9th June 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Gwent Archives - 9th June 2012

My Mum and I have arranged to visit Gwent Archives on 9th June. (I *might* visit on 12th May but it's not confirmed.)

I'm willing to do some look ups if anyone needs any... but the offer is obviously dependent on time as I have a handful (or more) of my own to look for.

I can't recall what records are available at the archives as I haven't been in years but let me know and I'll have a look.

Please give me as much information as possible to enable me to search, I'm VERY out of practice.

(Oh and on a final note, the use of cameras is allowed so I should be able to take photo's of the documents.)

If you have time, I would be very grateful for a look up in the Pontypool Union Workhouse admission and discharge registers from 1866-1881, and the Pontypool workhouse deaths 1866-1881.

I am looking for the surname Hopton. I know there should be a Sarah Ann, admitted as a child sometime between 1866 and 1871, and an Adeline or Adelaide the same. They are in the workhouse on the 1871 census. Sarah Ann continues in the workhouse, but Adeline disappears. There may also be their mother Elizabeth, who disappears after 1861 in census records. The children's father James died in 1866.

Fingers crossed!

Anne

Comment

Oh Beth if you have time I am looking for my G Grandfathers birth so I can get the cert ,
      His name is George Baker born abt 1853 Pontypool His father is John on his marriage cert any help I would be very great full
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
        Oh Beth if you have time I am looking for my G Grandfathers birth so I can get the cert ,
        His name is George Baker born abt 1853 Pontypool His father is John on his marriage cert any help I would be very great full
        Do you have any other information on him that could potentially help me locate him??
        I assume you know where and when he married?

Comment

Beth he married up here in Middlesbrough sono help there .,,, he is on the 1881 census living in North Ormesby Middlesbrough but cannot find him on the 1871 or the 1861 as no defo proof of its him
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
          X