Next step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step?

After talking to my Nan I have got the birth and death dates of both her parents, I also have the names of their parents (so my GGGP) but she can't remember birth or death dates (she is 85 bless her!). I have no idea of where they were born or died so how do I move on from that? Any help great fully received!

You can use freebmd.org.uk to do searches for births, marriages and deaths. You can then go back using the censuses!

Or you can post the details you do have on here and I'm sure many of us will help you out by doing searches.
    Lauren =)

Comment

Originally posted by Tan View Post
      After talking to my Nan I have got the birth and death dates of both her parents, I also have the names of their parents (so my GGGP) but she can't remember birth or death dates (she is 85 bless her!). I have no idea of where they were born or died so how do I move on from that? Any help great fully received!
      Don't forget Scotland has it's own set of records whereas Freebmd only covers England and Wales. If your nan is 85 her grandparents will be bound to be on the 1911 census so check there first for the areas where her parents were born. In fact you will find her parents with theirs on the 1911 I'm sure which will give you a lot of information including siblings, occupations length of marriage.

Margaret
      Last edited by margaretmarch; 18-04-12, 11:24.

Comment

Working...
      X