Massive help needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive help needed please!

Right my DH has asked me to do his side of the tree "just for a laugh" but im already stuck on his grandad! I know that his grandad was Leslie Oliver born c1910 and died 1967 in Chatham. Leslie married Addie Annand (born 1912 from Aberdeen, Scotland) in 1938 in Middlesex and now im stuffed:D Im fairly certain Leslie's dad was George just based on the fact that my DH is Leonard Leslie and his dad is Leonard George and my MiL and DH believe that Leslie's dad was George. However i cannot find any Leslie with a George in the 1911 census, and im even struggling to find a George in the 1911 census in the Kent area. As DH really isnt that bothered about it i dont want to go forking out for any certs if i can possibly help it, but i might have to pay for the marriage to Addie just to find fathers and get me to the 1911 census.

Addie and Leslie's children were all born in Chatham and my DH is the first one to leave the Kent area
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Do you know the month Leslie was born (1910)
    There is a Lesly Oliver aged 11 months in the 1911 census - born Bexley Kent, parents William and Mary

Do you know the names of any of the siblings for Leslie?
    Elaine

Comment

I dont know anything. I thought that was mine, but someone else has got that all tied up with that Leslie dying in 1940. They seemed to have a lot of information and pictures so I think they have probably researched it a lot more than I have. the 1911census website has a lot more Leslie and Georges (although not together) but Ancestry just isnt pulling them up (for instance there is one Leslie Josiah Oliver that Ancestry just cannot find)
      Last edited by Lensgirl; 17-04-12, 11:40.
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Without one little snippet of information to confirm you are on the right track, I think it's going to be difficult to find something concrete.
        Elaine

Comment

(for instance there is one Leslie Josiah Oliver that Ancestry just cannot find)
          Leslie Josiah P Oliver Jul-Aug-Sep 1909 Maidstone Kent
          If only for elimination the one above was Leslie Josiah Pye Oliver & he appears to have married a Catherine Evelyn Riddler in 1936 Lambeth. He appears on the ERS in 1937 & 1938.
          Moggie

Comment

Thanks very much Moggie. I found that one on the 1911census website but just cannot find him in the 1911 Ancestry which makes me think that its either not transcribed fully or the entire area has been mis-transcribed
            Last edited by Lensgirl; 17-04-12, 12:01.
            Robyne

Comment

I have had a look Robyne but without the marriage cert or at least knowing something about his siblings I don't see how you could be sure which is him without the marriage cert. There are too many possibilities, some without an obvious father too.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X