Yorkshire non-conformists on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire non-conformists on Ancestry

Well - it is in theory. looks like its on its way so watch this space!! I shall be keeping an eye on Ancestry today and hoping for a break through!!

Sandra

That really would be wonderful news! Where did you hear it?

Anne

Comment

I saw that on their front page and every time i clicked on it it went to Surrey marriages, so hopefully it will be soon!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

The records are now on Ancestry http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...&o_sch=Inbound

Sandra

Comment

Thank you - if you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed!

Comment

They are on - but there are a lot of mis-transcriptions, so far on looking at some of my lot, I have a burial for Joseph Wheelhouse where it turns out it is an Abraham Carter buried in a grave owned by Joseph Wheelhouse, Dinah transcribed as Sarah, dates wrong on many of the transcriptions for my lot. Hope everybody else has better luck

Comment

You are making corrections to help other people, aren't you?

There seem to be quite a few problems. For some records it's very difficult to identify the place and/or chapel, only the repository is given, and a list of possible locations. If you have local knowlege you can probably make a guess, but otherwise it needs detective work cross referencing with the relevant archives.

Comment

was all excited till i learned they were for west yorks. i don't think any of mine from there were non cons. the ones i know of were from north yorks.....would love those records!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke 123 View Post
                  You are making corrections to help other people, aren't you?

There seem to be quite a few problems. For some records it's very difficult to identify the place and/or chapel, only the repository is given, and a list of possible locations. If you have local knowlege you can probably make a guess, but otherwise it needs detective work cross referencing with the relevant archives.
                  Yes of course I am - as I go along.;D

Luckily, I do have the local knowledge to know where these chapels/places are so that's not the problem for me, it's just the inaccuracies of the transcriptions that's the problem for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X