Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which district would the Birth be registered in ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which district would the Birth be registered in ???

am Looking for a Mary Ann Leekes born abt 1854 in Little Thurrock Essex which area would that be for registration ? thanks.
    And can anybody find her ?

The reg district is Orsett and she is transcribed as Mary Ann Leeks. 1853, 3rd qtr, Vol 4a, p 87.
    Sue

Comment

thanks so much Sue I couldn't find it ? where did you find it please

Comment

Local knowledge told me it was Orsett! And I found the registration on FMP by clicking on the "search variants" button for both names and giving a 10 year search span, too.
        Sue

Comment

really ? thats what I thought I was doing too ? except for the Orsett bit, thanks Sue

Comment

If that problem crops up again for you, one of the simplest ways to pin down the info you want is to google the name of the place, and add the words "registration" and "District" to the mix. In this case the ukbmd.org.uk info comes up straight away.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks for that tip Christine

Comment

Working...
              X