What does BS at sea mean please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does BS at sea mean please

On the 1881 census for William Green on Ancestry, for birth it says (BS) at sea.
    Class: RG11; Piece: 526; Folio: 95; Page: 17; GSU roll: 1341118.

I have never come across this before. Can someone give me any help with what it may mean and how I can trace his parents from this.
    Thank you
    Ann

Possibly .. British Subject
    Elaine

Comment

I think it is actually BS for British subject and born at sea?

Comment

His marriage certificate would be a start, that would give you his father's name and occupation. Do you have it??
        Elaine

Comment

he says born in Smithfield on the 1891 ? am almost positive its him

Comment

I do not have a marriage certificate. He says widower on the 1881 census. I have only just started on him so that is all I know. I have spent hours researching this side and had it back to 1700. Last night I realised it was the wrong one. I could have cried, but I didnt, I ate left over easter egg instead.
            I will just look at the 1891 census Val thank you.

Comment

left over easter egg sounds good to me but how did it get left over ? wouldnt have lasted long here.

Comment

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...7042945&recoff=
                heres the 1891

Comment

Oh dear he is in the workhouse. I agree I am almost sure that is him. Why do you think there are the differences in the birth?
                  The reason a bit of egg was left is that I could not eat any more at easter, I was really naughty.
                  Regards Ann

Comment

not sure about the birth difference could be anything sorry it is sad when you find them in the workhouse .

Comment

Working...
                    X