help finding joel watson please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help finding joel watson please

Joel appears on the 1881 census as a newlywed living in belper, derbyshire aged 21 with his new wife mary aged 21. place of birth for joel is Northallerton, Yorkshire.Joel's father is listed as Joseph Watson a nailer on the marriage certificate, which took place in Belper. Joel fathers several children, Mary Jane, Alice, Annie, Richard, Mary Ann and John Wilfred. Unfortunately by 1891 census Mary is a widow, as Joel died on 27 September, 1890. I am trying without success to find a baptism or birth for Joel, any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by bridlady; 11-04-12, 18:56.

Any clues from the witnesses on the marriage certificate - possible family members?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, thanks for the idea of witnesses. Unfortunately I'm not getting very far with them either! They are listed as George Palmer and Herbert James Austin. As yet I can't find a family connection to Joel or his wife.
      i'll keep looking though, I may get lucky!

Comment

not sure what the reg district would be for his birth but there are a few Watson Birth Reg's without a first name right time frame and in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
        X