Taylor Family Crindle/Myroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Family Crindle/Myroe

I’m researching information on the Taylor family from Myroe, Limavady, and Londonderry.
    My grandfather's name was David Taylor and he married Elizabeth Hunter on 21 Nov 1895. He was born at Drumachose about 1875 and was a Journeyman Shoemaker.

His father was James Taylor and his mother was Rachel Henderson and they married on 08 May 1862 at Myroe Presbyterian Church Limavady, Londonderry
    At the time of the 1911 Census the Taylor family were living at house13 Crindle Town Myloe, Londonderry.
    Sometime between 1895 and 1897 David and his wife Elizabeth moved to Govan Glasgow. Where he and his brother Robert James Taylor also, a Journeyman Shoemaker ran a small shop.
    I know that some of his brothers went to Glasgow, but subsequently moved back to the Limavady area.
    At the time of the 1911 Census the Taylor family were living at 13 Crindle Rd
    The area names that have cropped up for the family are
    Crindle, Myroe, Bellarena and Drumachose.

Yours
    TomCTaylor

what is it you'd like to know of the family? are you trying to go backwards or forwards?

Comment

Taylor Family

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      what is it you'd like to know of the family? are you trying to go backwards or forwards?
      Thanks for your reply. I'm actually trying to do both. I would love to know if I still have family in Ireland. Also apart from births of the children of James Taylor & Rachel Henderson I don't have much information about the family who stayed in Ireland. I have got both the 1901 and 1911 census.

Thanks again

Tommy

Comment

there's not much for ireland i'm afraid. births, deaths and marriages began in 1864. before that you have parish records, most of which begin around the 1820's. but some in theory go back to the 17th century. familysearch has some indexes for bmd's, have you looked there? i don't know how to find living relatives in ireland, but there are quite a few here who have more experience than i.

Comment

Working...
        X